• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
PCB renovations

Hi Peter,

Do you know of an easy way to cleanly cut apart the 4780 PCBs at the score lines -- after it has been assembled? :xeye: I've decided to rethink my assembly plans and mount the boards separately, rather than all in-one as I originally planned. Except now it's populated and a little more fragile to muck with.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Todd J.

Re: DAC maximum sample rate

hayena said:
Hi Peter,
you already mentioned the DAC works only for red book CD standard. Would it be posible to mod to allow other sampling rate like 48kHz, or 96kHz? Or is it totally different device? Sorry, just not experienced at digital audio at all...

The DAC uses old technology and it will not work with 96kHz.

thanks for the pic. this should work not sure how the tube buffer
got in there but i tryed it sounds good. doh:D

now to finish the base and wire it up nice ;)

Attachments

• mvc-424s.jpg
    mvc-424s.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,244
Hey Karma,

What circuit are you using for the tube buffer? Which tube? Do you have a schematic? Are you using another transformer for the tube buffer or powering it from the dac transformer? I've decided I'm going to get one of Peter's DAC's and was thinking I may like to add a tube buffer also.

Thanks,
Mark

sdedalus said:
Peter, Thanks for the quick delivery on the dac kit. Got it today, tossed it together this evening, and plugged it in about an hour ago. Sounds great. Now I just have to wait for the buffer kits.

The buffer kits are almost ready. I got the boards already, all semis, and I'm only waiting for Dale resistors now.

Also, the Integrated Amp chassis should be available in two weeks or so.

Yesterday, I implemented the Patek circuit in that chassis and it came out really nice. Also, it will be possible to use that chassis for a preamp, using either AD815 (it mounts exactly same way as LM3875) or the buffer boards.

The toggle switch on the bottom disconects potentiometer from a signal ground allowing to use one set of RCAs as direct amp input (Integrated becomes power amp then)

Attachments

• int.jpg
    int.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,206
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.