• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
vgeorge said:
if you want to built a complete pre, it is better then to put the buffer at the input, before a 10K attenuator?

That's what they usually do, but just for fun I configured it the other way and works very well. The main reason was safety. Since it's brand new and untested circuit, I wanted a potentiometer separating buffer from the amp. Later I will try it the other way.

mikelm said:

Yep - that's until you do the next significant mod....;)

That is very true;)

Elso Kwak said:
MAT02 is better than SSM2210 though specs are the same.
I have tested both. MAT02 has higher Beta or HFe
:cool:

Yes, it seems like. Levinson was also installing MAT in all reference equipmnent. MAT are available directly from AD at approx $15/pc

Off the current topic...

Peter, I just bought a LM4870 kit from audiosector.

I'm wondering which configuration you would suggest, bridge or parallel?

Also, because I'm a very impatient person, how long do you usually take to ship orders?

Not to rush... I'm just very keen!!:D

If you have balanced preamp, I would go with bridged configuration, however, with 4 ohm speakers it's not recommended (unless the speakers are highly efficient and enough heatsinking implemented with the chips). So probably parallel setup would be more practical option.

I will send it tomorrow, and normally for Europe, the package would be delivered middle of next week (for some locations it could be even Monday). I'm not sure how long it takes to your destnation, but I think it shouldn't take much longer than a week.

ps - the conductivity will rise with area so just checking with DMM probes could give misleading reading

I got about 300K ohm through the plastic at a small point. I would guess 5 - 10k for TO220 but for big chip less

You might get OK results if you use black anodised heat sinks with these bags - because the paint itself is an insulator so the bag will just stop the tranny from scratching through the paint.

Magsy said:
Is it acceptable to short the output of an LM3875 to ground for a few seconds? If so is there a recommended resistor?

I want to pull the outputs to ground for start up mute, say 2-3 secs max.

The pop it makes is only small, but I'd like to remove it if possible.

I had the output shorted for 30min and nothing happened (the amp run a bit warm though). The chip is protected against short and is protected in case one rail is off.

If the circuit is implemented correctly, there shouldn't be any pop at start up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.