• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shielding

Peter Daniel said:

It is a copper tape, but I don't hear much difference when it's being used. I only tried it in one DAC, after a year of using it without copper shielding.

I have some MuMetal in various thicknesses and permeabilities. I'll give them a try when I'm up and running and let you know if it makes any difference.

Robert

Peter Daniel said:
MuMetal will be even better for shielding.
Choice of sheilding material and it's thickness is dependent of if you want to shield magnetic fields and/or electrical fields and also which frequency ranges. One of the hardest things to shield is low frequency magnetic fields.

So... first you must identify what kind of field you are interested in to shield.

All-In-One

Peter Daniel said:
MuMetal will be even better for shielding.

The fuse I'm using with the kits is from Digi Key, part# 507-1032 It is PCB mount, looking like a resistor. The power entry modul is from Qualtek, part# Q218. The ground terminal at the back needs to be trimmed off.

I can send you those parts as well, just let me know.
Thanks Peter,

Yes, I would like to get fuses and entry modules for both of my All-In-Ones. Let me know what to do as far as ordering.

You didn't say whether you needed me to mail you back the extra Riken resistor?

MuMetal is very interesting stuff. It is only effective against magnetic fields, and it shields by absorbtion rather than reflection. Low magnetic permeability in thicker sheets works best, and shapes that follow the magnetic field lines (curves) are better than flat pieces.

Robert

GC Chassis

Peter Daniel said:
Occasionally, I'm getting inquieries about the integrated amp chassis in a kit form: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=419356#post419356

If there is enough interest, I could offer it again, however to make it worthwile this time, the price would be at least $250 a set (knobs and cones extra, wooden sides and shaft extenders included).

Peter,

That is an awsome chassis......definitely add me to your GB list. I assume you will start a Wiki if enough people respond?

Robert

Re: Re: DAC

Peter Daniel said:
I'm still not sure, I will see how it'll work out, but add on board would probably be more practical.

An idea I've had for an add on board would be to make a pin compatible, drop in replacement board for the CS8412. The PCM2707, clock circuit and 3.3V reg would all fit quite easily. You'd just have to panel mount a USB connector somewhere and route the input wires to the replacement PCB.

I've got all the parts togther to make my own PCM2707 - TDA1543 USB DAC, but I'll certainly contribute what I can to a group effort.

Amp Chassis

Peter Daniel said:
Occasionally, I'm getting inquieries about the integrated amp chassis in a kit form: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=419356#post419356

If there is enough interest, I could offer it again, however to make it worthwile this time, the price would be at least $250 a set (knobs and cones extra, wooden sides and shaft extenders included).

Reminder!!!!!......Daniel is offering the possibility of another group buy for this amazing chassis.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

How about some more takers?

Robert

Hey Peter,

USB DAC sounds really cool :)

I've always wanted my CD collection to be hard drive based just
for ease of use. Finding the CD i'm looking for fast, and Playlists
for non-critical listening sessions would be fun.

/m... always demanding MORE! LOL

P.S. For those of you thinking of Peter's chasis as a purchase,
you will not be dissapointed... they rock!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.