• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess I will have to make a list of everything in that schematic.

and then bread board....

This is an endevour! I guess I need to rock Vishays and N BGs for it. CREE diodes... hmm... This will be interesting. How are you getting cheaper? $112 of Vishay resistors, $40 of diodes, have not even made it yet to the BGs.

Why are there no JFETs in that schematic? Are those other transistors and opamps going to sound good?

I never found the SSM items. The diodes are cheap ones in the schematic that are labled. Hmm...

I guess I need to find someone that knows about this particular buffer.

Attachments

• dual dac.jpg
    dual dac.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,049
I am going with Tech - DIY, he offers matching pairs and quads.

What is the shunt doing in this case? I mean is the point to make sure the signal stays in the circuit because the RCA jacks can draw on the case? er?

Next I must build a PSU. That I am very undecided on. I assume one would work for both. I thought about just rocking the type of PSU you have with yours, 4 diodes and a transformer... Then some voltage regulators and some BG standards, maybe 100uf. I am not sure what voltage regulators to use, that can handle regulating down. Then I have no idea where 24v 2 channel transformers are at for a regulated PSU.

I just but something up for sale locally so hopefully soon the DAC will be next, especially since I think my TT is going to be sold and pay for some digital mods to my Squeezebox!

what kind of transport will do well for this, i mean regular compo cd player with possibly digital out, or dvd player?

i tried a pioneer dvd player with audionote zero dac few years ago, its improvement but sounded very thin, and any britain cd player easily outclass them like NAD or ARCAM.

but i heard the DAC from REGA transport is very good.

Destroyer OS. said:
Next I must build a PSU.

You can use similar supply I used in ML buffer (see schematic)
Shunt sets input resistance.

_henry_ said:
what kind of transport will do well for this...

The best one you can afford. If you can't find anything suitable, use a computer and USB version of a DAC, which is also available.

While developing DAC circuit, I was using ML31.6, ML37 and later CEC TL0. I presently use this: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120229&pagenumber=1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.