Audio Nirvana Classic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well......., don't have access to my notes, so don't know what the real specs of each are likely to be, but based on published specs it's ~2.47x too large and tuned ~1.42x too high.

If the measured Qts spec is higher and/or it's driven with a high output impedance, then the cab is probably OK and a longer vent will tune it lower if need be.

GM

If anyone has recommendations for a good enclosure for the AN Classic 10 I could use some help. I have seen the plans on the CSA site and they seem pretty plain. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I would think some imagination regarding materials and finish is all you need to add to the CSA plans?

......or rearrange the 5.6's dimensions to be a taller MLTL with the driver up to at, or above, an average ear height, so making it 60" high and maintaining the same 18.75" width, then depth = 11.25". Driver down 21.19" from the top and the 6" dia. vent is down 47.56".

All dims overall [o.d.] and assuming a ~0.75"/19 mm panel thickness.

Recommend using a 6" PVC or heavy duty cardboard tube for the vent in case you want to tune the cab lower [longer tube].

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.