'Audio Lies'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hedge trimmer ..
Some side effects have been reported, though
02-22-06: Shadorne

Extension cord from Home Depot
...but whatever you do,
don't use the cord with anything else
before hooking it to your speakers or it will affect the burn in.

A Hedge trimmer makes the cable sound clipped
A vacuum cleaner makes the cable sound suck (but it can be complementary if you use a tube amp)
A power drill makes the cable sound penetrating

LOL ;-)
Shadorne
.... from AudiogoN Audiophile Forums > Cables
Link:
AudiogoN Cables forum

Geek said:
HA!

You haven't heard anything until you inject 5% positrons at select locations along the length of the cable.

Gregg,

You'll realize an astounding improvement if you also incorporate Teflon Bi-directional Switching Diodes in a series/shunt configuration with the cables. The presence of Negatrons can be slowly reduced over time, due to the fact that the sluggish Negatrons move *much* slower than positrons and will eventually get bumped out and won't be able to reenter.

WARNING: During the break-in/bump-out exercise (exorcism?) no one should be permitted entry into the room for an extended period of time, to prevent absorption of the Negatrons (Negative Energy) as they are bumped out into the enviornment.

The Layperson, without fully understanding the particulars of this phenomenon often notice, in a subliminal sense, the gradual absorption of the bumping Negatrons, which they often label "Negative Vibes." In severe cases, the unwary victim will complain of being "Bumped Out."

Best Regards,
TerryO

leadbelly said:

Cal smoked my last one!

Hi Tony,

For some reason, Cal seems to have developed a propensity for loud noises, explosions, and general mayhem. Last Summer he attempted to blast Kevin and I down the driveway and out onto the road. I'm still having trouble hearing.

How's the weather out your way? It must be pretty warm, doesn't the sun shine nearly 24 hours a day, or am I thinking of the Peace River area?
:xeye:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Cal Weldon said:

He was my great grandfather.

For those who may not know Cal, he comes from an illustrious family whose notable accomplishments sometimes even surpass those of his famous Great Grandfather: General Mayhem, who was with Gordon at Kartoon!

(Later today, I may go into the Gorden family geneology starting naturally, with General Jesse Gordon III of Kartoon)

Another one of Cal's notable ancestors, none other than that famed Pioneer/Chef: Marcus Weldon, who came out West in the 1820s and introduced to the rather backward, primitive settlers what was called (and quite often misspelled) Hot Cuisine! Even in this day and age Westerners will, in honor of Marcus, ask that their steaks be cooked "Weldon."

Best Regards,
Terry:eek:

And for those of you not familiar with Terry Olson's lineage, you might be surprised to know that it was his great grandfather, Terry Olson the first, that gave us that wonderful material they make bath towels from.

His last name is an old contraction converted from Swedish that means "not the first born" male child.

Still one of the most level headed and funniest men I've met through the forums. For those who haven't met him do yourself a favour and track him down. You might want to wait a bit though, this time of year he's rather busy spending his time in the north pole helping Santa get things organized. See you in the new year Terry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.