Asynchronous reclocking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fmak said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be good to have an explanation of how this works and what peripherals go with the working ones. It dosen't work on any computer I have tried; Win 98SE or XP!!

:angel:

Have you tried the compatibility setting I suggested?

((Mine did not work on XP before I did this. Bear in mind that I am running a lot of experimental software so it might have worked on my computer even without this workaround))

Petter

Changing it to 98SE compatibility got it to work on my machine.

So, it's bascially a calculator and a display window? No other function?

Sorry for accusing you there.. have run into a lot of programmers that forget that their enviroment isn't like most other computer's.. Don't know what could be missing here.. though it is a couple year old install of XP Pro.

IF I understand this circuit correctly, it is a serial shift register.
And if the oscillator is working at 66 Mhz instead of 100Mhz, it is because the inductor forms a LC oscillator. Why not use a 20Mhz crystal tuned to its 5th harmonic?

Why use a crystal at all?
Very easy to make it oscillator into VHF-UHF frequencies.

Tom
EE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.