Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

To eliminate Raspberry Pi EMI noise.

It could be the best digital music source so far for a RPi free DDC transport.

RaspberryPi isolated I2S over HDMI pure digital music source.

It keeps the RPi away and galvanic isolated from the DDC to eliminate the EMI noise.

The configuration:
RPi
IsolatorPi
HdmiPi
MonitorPiPro (can provide SYNC control to PurePi to keep the batteries always fully charged without going to protection mode to break the isolation)

Power supply:
PurePi can be used as the power supply.
Alternatively, if you want to save a PurePi, you can just use a USB power adapter for RPi and pass the 5V from DDC streamer transport to the IsolatorPi.

I tested this configuration in my system. It really sounds great. Better than the USB interface.

Isolated Rpi Hdmi music source

RPiFreeDDC streamer transport

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just to be sure. I have bought the UCpuremarkIII and want to use it for 3.3 volt and 1.5 A charging. To short the appropriate S I remove the smd resistor if not 0 and connect with a 0 resistor or short wire. Is that correct?
Second question , it cannot be safely used with supercaps of 500F. Correct?
Thanks for the feedback
Leo

Ian,

Any reason you couldn’t use a transportPi instead of the HDMIPi for the isolated streamer? I already have the transportPi and don’t have an HDMIPi.

Since I am building my own DACs I have the option of doing reclocking in the streamer or at the DAC. Which would be better? So for the isolated Pi setup you showed the reclocking would be done at the DAC. Is that better than adding a FIFO pi and HDMIPi Pro and sending I2S to HDMI Receiver Pi with no further processing into the DAC?

Just to be sure. I have bought the UCpuremarkIII and want to use it for 3.3 volt and 1.5 A charging. To short the appropriate S I remove the smd resistor if not 0 and connect with a 0 resistor or short wire. Is that correct?
Second question , it cannot be safely used with supercaps of 500F. Correct?
Thanks for the feedback
Leo
Another newbie question.. With this isolated rpi solution of your last post, is the Rpi sending the audio data to the ddc streamer through the hdmi connection or through the network cable. I am a bit (or more) confused because the hdmipi is used
@Lvandoorn
1. To open, just remove the resistor. To short, just solder with a 0 ohm resistor or solder ball.
2. It have no problem using 500F UCs, but the pure time will be shorter and ESR will be higher
3. HDMI cable

Reactions: 1 user
Ian,

Any reason you couldn’t use a transportPi instead of the HDMIPi for the isolated streamer? I already have the transportPi and don’t have an HDMIPi.

Since I am building my own DACs I have the option of doing reclocking in the streamer or at the DAC. Which would be better? So for the isolated Pi setup you showed the reclocking would be done at the DAC. Is that better than adding a FIFO pi and HDMIPi Pro and sending I2S to HDMI Receiver Pi with no further processing into the DAC?
@wcwc

Just because the HdmiPi is less expensive and there is no need for the re-clock before the DDC.

It keeps the RPi away and galvanic isolated from the DDC to eliminate the EMI noise.

The configuration:
RPi
IsolatorPi
HdmiPi
MonitorPiPro (can provide SYNC control to PurePi to keep the batteries always fully charged without going to protection mode to break the isolation)

Power supply:
Alternatively, if you want to save a PurePi, you can just use a USB power adapter for RPi and pass the 5V from DDC streamer transport to the IsolatorPi.

I tested this configuration in my system. It really sounds great. Better than the USB interface.

Yep. This is what I did on steroids. I also put a FiFoPiQ7 on the streamer stack. Component based like old school analogue. Separate components and have clean power.

Reactions: 1 user

The configuration:
RPi
IsolatorPi
HdmiPi

Power supply:

Does HDMIpi work without MCLK u.fl cable? Because RPi does not have MCLK out.

The configuration:
RPi
IsolatorPi
HdmiPi

Power supply:

Now the question is

1- would a quad 3400f Eaton setup benefit here powering the rpi? What about just linear pi and conditioner here for the pi?

We have talked about how quad 3000+f caps on the pi helped, would this benefit be there if we used the isolatorpi and hdmi out to the ddc stack?

Now the question is

1- would a quad 3400f Eaton setup benefit here powering the rpi? What about just linear pi and conditioner here for the pi?

We have talked about how quad 3000+f caps on the pi helped, would this benefit be there if we used the isolatorpi and hdmi out to the ddc stack?
I'll post my experiences, please just wait for the answers.

Hey Ian,

I have a Station PI, it is powered by two LinearPi supplies, one each side. The Pi is a Pi5, the transport a TransportPI Digi (I think I have the last iteration). The Transport is connected to a DAC (I tried 2 different ones). I've tried both Coax and Optical. I get nothing.

The software is Volumio. I've selected Digi Berry Pro + (as stated in the manual) as I2S (I've also tried the Allo one)

Running USB directly from the Pi works fine. I don't know where to start looking. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Pete