Article - Sony VFETs part 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
naah

sitting in front of Sits

;)

read an article ?

:clown:

Citation from Mr Pass article :

" After BAF I put a little more work into it and ended up with the following schematic (with more parts) intended to make it easier to work with a simpler supply. OK, that's four more parts "

Caps 220 uF and 1kOhm resistors function is only for simpler PSU ?
Don't have any doubt ?
Not filtering ?

Ask for better understanding with relation of components choice.

Greetings

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
:clown:

Citation from Mr Pass article :

" After BAF I put a little more work into it and ended up with the following schematic (with more parts) intended to make it easier to work with a simpler supply. OK, that's four more parts "

Caps 220 uF and 1kOhm resistors function is only for simpler PSU ?
Don't have any doubt ?
Not filtering ?

Ask for better understanding with relation of components choice.

Greetings

:)

Is this your audio room?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 682
I am answering the previous post (128). I am ready for make a pool with each other with the object in get the parts soon, trannies ...
At the time I feel like you, wait for news in get more people soon for make the GB that is probably a little slow and could take long time.
Good afternoon mister.

Trying to figure out how many folks would be interested, just like the transformer GB. Not too many nibbles at this point so I'm guessing many have already purchased their parts as I have which could make the effort logistically difficult. If I had the knowledge and equipment to coordinate the effort I would volunteer. Alas, I am a totally noob and know I have no business even building the amp right now - just wanted to get the rare parts sourced and ready to go before the time comes ( which will probably be a few years of reading down the road ).

Trying to figure out how many folks would be interested, just like the transformer GB. Not too many nibbles at this point so I'm guessing many have already purchased their parts as I have which could make the effort logistically difficult. If I had the knowledge and equipment to coordinate the effort I would volunteer. Alas, I am a totally noob and know I have no business even building the amp right now - just wanted to get the rare parts sourced and ready to go before the time comes ( which will probably be a few years of reading down the road ).

I am interested in coordinate the effort if you put the volunteer. Tell me what you need to do for help you.
King regards

Logistically, would be best to do a pool for Europe and a pool for the states, same way group buys are usually split. I've got 8 pairs KE-33 I could put towards one, if there is a wise and benevolent benefactor of known qualifications out there that could help with the matching. I know this is a long shot, but I'm willing to bet the effort will be worth the payoff.

Hello :)
With all gentlemans GB today = 28 transformers the price is goin down :
JT-123 FLPCH from 37.78 $ to 29.73$ is cheaper = 8.05 $ piece
2 times is 16.10 $ cheaper :superman:
Anyway this be cheaper about 2 bucks more if we buy 48 or<

Last thing original Papa JT-112 LCF have band wide<450 kHz
PCB version JT-112 FLPCH band wide is 270 kHz
max at high frequency response.

OK this be work but sound is not the same :scratch: ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
GB-higher bandwidth part is preferred

There was a post here about the positive benefits of higher bandwidth. I think Patrick (EUVL) mentioned building two identical Pass amps but for the higher bandwidth, with clearly audible differences. If we have the choice, and the price difference is minimal, why not go for the higher bandwidth unit?

Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.