Argentines for the world!

Good morning to all the group, I were ignoring that this kind of thread could make a electronic and audio debate, anyway I becoming happy with this and I ask for the choice of integrate the group, I live out of our country but like everyone I still feeling my origin.
Best Regards

Reading late but knowing.

More graffiti

I resent people that not give his face - Anonymous

All my children have different surname - John Different

Batman is gay - Catwoman

My girlfriend is a bitch - Pluto

My mom is a rat - Mickey

It's just a passing cloud - Noah

The real punishment for bigamy is having two mothers in law.

Children in the front seat can cause accidents.
Accidents in the backseat can cause kids

SAFE SEX. Doing locking the car doors ?

If driving, do not drink. If you are drinking, call me.

The neurotic builds castles in the air.
The psychotic inhabits them.
The psychoanalyst collects rent.

Live each day as if it were your last.
One day be right.

:D

My Friend, you are a master.
Nice to meet you here asking with wisdom words.
The best for you.:D

I remember with more proud the Medicine Nobel prices from our country: Bernardo Hussay, Federico Leloir and Cesar Milstein.
The second one invented also the Golf sauce (popular in Argentina)
Further and more important related to music movement since the beginning of the XX century:
Eduardo Drangosh, J Esnaola, Alberto Williams, Alberto Ginastera, Julián Aguirre talking about fews, Astor Piazzolla. Interpreters, Martha Argerich, Bruno Gelber and many young interpreters in classic instruments that full the orchestras in Europe. Singers members of the at Stables Opera Companies in USA and Europe. If somebody takes the musical works of Alberto Ginastera this afternoon, you have the time for overwhelm in plenitude for a couple of intensive hearing weeks.

The English term yankee, originated in the mid seventeenth century, because of Dutch arrived in New England, many of which were called "Jan", along with the term "cheese" ==> "Jan-cheese"
Here in Argentina, yankee is not considered pejorative, is almost a gentilic. ;)

Our sense of humor is very broad, and it is common between friends that some insults are a sign of affection! :D

Well, it's not clear from what I have read. "Yankee" refers to the English New Englanders, not the Dutch in New Netherland. They were different groups of people with different cultures and origins.

From Wikipedia:
"The origin of the term is uncertain. In 1758, British General James Wolfe made the earliest recorded use of the word Yankee to refer to people from what was to become the United States, referring to the New England soldiers under his command as Yankees: "I can afford you two companies of Yankees, and the more because they are better for ranging and scouting than either work or vigilance".[5] Later British use of the word often was derogatory, as in a cartoon of 1775 ridiculing "Yankee" soldiers.[5] New Englanders themselves employed the word in a neutral sense: the "Pennamite-Yankee War", for example, was the name given to a series of clashes in 1769 over land titles in Pennsylvania, in which the "Yankees" were the claimants from Connecticut."

jan kees mean in Dutch cheese, because this people make cheese in the colonies from England and Jan is a Dutch name. The translation to English is John Cheese, with the time the English regency in America start to call yenkies to the rebels. And with the time the "e" became in "a".
There are plenty of theories about this word.
Wikipedia is fast but not accurate, I found many mistakes that depends of the several authors.
Best Regards Dirk.

Reactions: 1 user
jan kees mean in Dutch cheese, because this people make cheese in the colonies from England and Jan is a Dutch name. The translation to English is John Cheese, with the time the English regency in America start to call yenkies to the rebels. And with the time the "e" became in "a".
Wikipedia is fast but not accurate, I found many mistakes that depends of the several authors.
Best Regards Dirk.

Here in America, regardless of the origin of the word, it means English New Englanders, not Dutch New Netherlanders. It has meant that for a very long time now.

Here in America, regardless of the origin of the word, it means English New Englanders, not Dutch New Netherlanders. It has meant that for a very long time now.
In some cultural contexts it refers to residents of any states that remained in the Union during the American Civil War. That is roughly the area from New England to the Mississippi River, and north of the Ohio and Potomac rivers.

Dale

Reactions: 1 user
Best Regards Dirk.

My dear friend, good to see you around here. :)

Google translator says in Dutch

Cheese = Kaas - Cheese :confused:

Well, google translator isn't a reference. :D

Another two

My ex fellow Gabriela González and I we had Mario Díaz as professor (Methods of Mathematical Physics, and some Relativity stuff)

Home

Gaby appears at about 10 sec on the video (LIGO detects gravitational waves -- announcement at press conference (part 2)

https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/video/ligo20160211v12

LIGO detects gravitational waves -- announcement at press conference (part 1)

https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/detection

Gaby appears at about 13 min on the video, note that she is in between two "monsters" like Rainer Weiss and Kip Thorne (Co-author of the ubiquitous "Gravitation")

The large video (part 1) is very funny.

In words of Mario Díaz, LIGO is the most accurate instrument in the history. (Relative mirror displacement of about 10^-18 meters, or about one thousandth the diameter of a proton.)

Last edited:
I resurrected this old thread to give my thanks to the Argentine Team for this 3rd championship FIFA 2022; my apologies to French team and many other teams that has participated and made it possible.

Congratulations guys!

¡Felicitaciones, muchachos! :love::LOL:o_O.

Haha.. congrats on the WC.. (although maradonna was very good I still think it was "the hand of god" ;)).

I was in France (French inlaws) for the France-England game and was sat having a meal during the game. I had to concede that France were the better team that match. The French wine certainly beats the South American wine ;) (St. Emillion red - smooth as silk).