Are you a walking battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had both types, mostly in the past two years due to some serious neglect until I had dental insurance.
As cocolino said, it seemed the composite UV cured type was used on small cavities and the amalgam on the larger ones, of which I have many. I actually have some chronic pain issues due to the metal shocking my nerves with temp changes.

I've had both types, mostly in the past two years due to some serious neglect until I had dental insurance.
As cocolino said, it seemed the composite UV cured type was used on small cavities and the amalgam on the larger ones, of which I have many. I actually have some chronic pain issues due to the metal shocking my nerves with temp changes.
Ohh, maybe I did not express myself well. You can use composite for larger cavities as well but usually this is done out of the mouth because it can be made with higher precision.

This video terrifies me.

I realized that that post could be taken as "the subject of that video terrifies me". What I meant was that the pseudoscience that guy is purporting, and the fact that he may be respected by many people as an accurate source of knowledge, scares the living feces out of me.

I commented as such under the video. My comment is "awaiting approval"...

*facepalm*

No he isn`t.
Yes, the spark plug / crystal thing, at least how he describes it, sounds farfetched but the rest is perfectly reasonable and even is quite acknowledged in dentistry meanwhile.

Thank you. All I wanted to do was to show something that might help someone who is suffering and his doctors have no idea what the cause may be. I suffered from what I would call a chronic state of sub clinical depression, yet I had no reason to be unhappy. When I had my mouth cleaned out of heavy metals, and also had all odd metal caps removed, my outlook improved in a very good way. My dentist was a third generation dentist who fought for making these facts known. He was far from a quack. He practiced traditional dentistry for years until he learned as he went along. He was the one who told me my root canals should be extracted. He showed me why.

It was later, after it was discovered that I had a dangerous type urinary tract infection, that I witnessed to the truth in this matter as my infection cleared up within days after the extraction and having the socket cleaned out. The socket also needs some cleaning because bacteria becomes imbedded in the surrounding bone.

The bacteria in the tooth needing a root canal will mutate after the blood supply is cut off after a root canal is performed. The bacteria becomes anaerobic. They now thrive without oxygen, and produce a toxin worse than the original that motivated the procedure. But, all the while there is no more intense pain because the nerve has been removed. Now, that's big bucks having that done. Its a thriving business. For that reason. it will take years for the public to get the straight truth on this.

Cocolino, thanks for your input. I hope this thread helps someone needing to know these facts.

GeneZ

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
<snip>

The alternative composite materials are interesting, but quite expensive. They're mostly a ceramic powder with a binder made from a UV cure epoxy. The dentist drills out the amalgam, coats the tooth with a snap-cure glue, squeezes some of the uncured composite out of a tube, puts in the hole, molds it into shape, trims, then ZAP! with some long wavelength high intensity UV from an LED. Full cure in about 15 seconds.

It's unclear to me what's more "natural" and "holistic" about these alternative materials.

Well they do look a whole lot better than the old amalgams do, and my dentist in any event offers nothing else.. Seems to be more moldable and can be carefully ground to improve the bite.. My old amalgams are all disintegrating from old age.. :eek: I like the new stuff..

GeneZ I could see mercury toxicity or toxins produced by anaerobic bacteria having a detrimental health effect. I can also see that galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals in different fillings could strongly affect the rate of release of metals etc.

But the claim that the electricity flowing around your teeth has some sort of effect on "chi" or "energy flows" is absolutely unsubstantiated. Basically, if he had a better supported theory to explain what is happening, he would have explained that theory. I would have been tickled pink if he had said; "I am not sure why this works, but in my experience it absolutely does." BUT that would have required him to admit ignorance, which any REAL scientist is more than happy to do. He feels much more comfortable making up some bogus explanation which sounds technical enough, but is simple enough for his audience to get a sense of comprehension. Were this misguided audience to come in contact with a plausible, yet more complex or technical, explanation, they might side in favor of the easier to understand, yet completely nonfactual explanation.

That is a dangerous effect.

What is the Matrix?

"The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this. . ."

071610battery.jpg

You are having mercury vapor being introduced into your body every time you chew. The friction from chewing releases the vapor. That is why they need to come out before the mercury that has settled into organs and parts of your body can be removed.

After I had my mercury filings removed it was not the end of it. For mercury embeds itself in various parts and organs of the body. I needed to go through a process called chelation which involves the pulling the heavy metals out and into the intestines. Then I needed another nutrient to latch onto the heavy metals, so the intestines would not re-absorb the mercury and other heavy metals.

Big bucks? Only 85 cents for a bunch of Cilantro? That is not going to make the drug companies rich. And, the Japanese health food Chlorella? That will not make them rich either. There are also other nutrients that help the body to produce the needed depleted glutathione so the body can perform the cleansing to also remove these toxins. All are natural substances that the drug companies can not make exurbanite profits on by making a patentable synthetic substance with the long list of side effects. Its one of the reasons many do not know about this problem. For, doctors usually get their education from the big drug companies.

GeneZ

You are having mercury vapor being introduced into your body every time you chew. The friction from chewing releases the vapor. That is why they need to come out before the mercury that has settled into organs and parts of your body can be removed.
The last time I attended this topic the state of knowledge was that it is at least debatable if "ripping out" the amalgam is actually an advantage as the procedure of removing it (drilling it out) exposes the body to a whole lot of toxic material in a very short time. This was a couple of years ago, I don`t know what`s the current consensus in this matter today.
Anyway, what is known about all this is reason enough at least to not bring any MORE toxic material into the body.

Well they do look a whole lot better than the old amalgams do, and my dentist in any event offers nothing else.. Seems to be more moldable and can be carefully ground to improve the bite.. My old amalgams are all disintegrating from old age.. :eek: I like the new stuff..

Amalgam does not stick to the tooth. I was surprised to find that out. They simply fill in the drilled out hole. That is why teeth with filings could crack over time. In contrast, the composite acts as a glue and filler which maintains the tooth integrity. Composite do not require a large hole drilled. Much of the drilling with amalgam was to make a type of hole large enough for the mercury concoction to fill in and stay. My crowns are all the result of teeth cracking. That would have not happened with a composite.

You do not want to simply have the old amalgams drilled out. I had that done once to remove four old fillings to replace with some new. I had no idea why soon after I began to feel like my head was spinning. I was afraid I had developed vertigo. I made no connection at that time.

What happened was that the heat of the drill shot mercury vapors right into my lungs. Over time my body finally stabilized, but it scared the hell out of me.

When I got the composites? The doctor who removed my mercury filings placed a mask over my nose to breath clean air, and a vacuum right outside of my mouth to pull the vapors away. He also had placed in my mouth a special dam so that nothing would end up being swallowed.

So.. Its not a good idea to simply have them drilled out by a dentist the traditional way. Its both bad for the dentist and the patient to breath in the mercury vapors. It have been told that dentists have a very high suicide rate. Mercury can cause what I once saw labeled as a "dismal form of depression."

Another point to note: when disposing of the old filings the dentist can not simply throw them into the garbage. They must be placed in a specially designed container complying with ADA, OSHA and EPA requirements. A container that is marked for hazardous materials. Coincidence?

The last time I attended this topic the state of knowledge was that it is at least debatable if "ripping out" the amalgam is actually an advantage as the procedure of removing it (drilling it out) exposes the body to a whole lot of toxic material in a very short time. This was a couple of years ago, I don`t know what`s the current consensus in this matter today.
Anyway, what is known about all this is reason enough at least to not bring any MORE toxic material into the body.

See post #31.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My dentist never does more than one at a time and uses lots of suction.. I've never had a problem..

My dentist has a very funny sense of humor, quite chipper actually. I go to him because when one of those amalgams cracked one of my molars he took me late on a Friday afternoon and saved me a week-end of terrible suffering. I've gone to him ever since - now going on 10yrs.

But the claim that the electricity flowing around your teeth has some sort of effect on "chi" or "energy flows" is absolutely unsubstantiated. Basically, if he had a better supported theory to explain what is happening, he would have explained that theory. I would have been tickled pink if he had said; "I am not sure why this works, but in my experience it absolutely does." BUT that would have required him to admit ignorance, which any REAL scientist is more than happy to do. He feels much more comfortable making up some bogus explanation which sounds technical enough, but is simple enough for his audience to get a sense of comprehension. Were this misguided audience to come in contact with a plausible, yet more complex or technical, explanation, they might side in favor of the easier to understand, yet completely nonfactual explanation.

That is a dangerous effect.
This topic is quite unexplored that doesn`t mean at all it`s unsubstantiated.

There is reason to belief that this battery or electricity effect in the mouth can lead to all different sort of deseases and pains totally unrelated to the mouth, like for example rheumatism, headache, backache, muscle and joint problems, neurologic deseases etc. etc.

This has nothing to do with "chi" or other BS (sorry if I hurt someones feelings).

More "dangerous" than speculating is not to speculate and not trying to explore about something which might indeed have a negative impact on the human body and for which only doesn`t (yet) exist a valid "theory".

Comparing teeth to a computer chip. Comparing teeth to spark plugs. Bogus insanity. To think that ANYTHING else this man could purport could be more than that is ludicrous.

Perhaps, in his ignorance, by random chance, he is discussing something which is very important. But he certainly has no real idea what he is talking about. Is the consensus that he should be taken seriously?

Comparing teeth to a computer chip. Comparing teeth to spark plugs. Bogus insanity. To think that ANYTHING else this man could purport could be more than that is ludicrous.

Perhaps, in his ignorance, by random chance, he is discussing something which is very important. But he certainly has no real idea what he is talking about. Is the consensus that he should be taken seriously?

I do think it`s not at all by random chance and I do think he knows what he is talking about but I also think he`s just not a good lecturer (or maybe he just had a bad day).
There are many people who know their stuff well, they only can`t explain it well.
As I said this spark plug / crystal analogy sounds indeed somewhat wierd but that doesn`t mean that the whole topic is made up out of thin air.

Just Google the words: dentistry / battery effect etc. and read a bit around. You`ll soon realize that this is not something at all "unsubstantiated".

FYI... Most younger dentists these days are using composites as a part of their conventional practice. Its not as if those who are teaching the dangers of amalgams are trying to sell something exclusive to their practice. They are giving out this warning for many who already have the mercury, and about the older dentists who still use them.

I sincerely apologize!

Sorry for my passion on the pseudoscience topic. I worry about people getting taken advantage of by that sort of thing. :/

Tade

*maybe more on topic*
I do know that people performing analytical tests for mercury cannot have mercury fillings as their own breath will contaminate the samples and skew the results.

I had heard that a benefit of mercury amalgam fillings is that they are somewhat antibacterial and help to keep the cavity more sterile. Certainly that could be achieved with these composite fillings in some way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.