Anyone try these new tweeters yet from Transducer Lab ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Hi-fidelity audio can be amazing and rewarding.

What is more amazing is the living God: Jesus (Yehoshua); died for humanity and took the penalty for our sin that we might have eternal life. Accepting Jesus as your savior will be the most rewarding thing you will ever do.

-May God bless you-"

That's a pretty unusual piece of advertising for speaker gear. Maybe you get a free sermon with every purchase... :D

"Hi-fidelity audio can be amazing and rewarding.

What is more amazing is the living God: Jesus (Yehoshua); died for humanity and took the penalty for our sin that we might have eternal life. Accepting Jesus as your savior will be the most rewarding thing you will ever do.

-May God bless you-"

That's a pretty unusual piece of advertising for speaker gear. Maybe you get a free sermon with every purchase... :D

That's enough to make me not ever purchase any. Who knows if it was the good lord who told them how to make it rather than solid engineering.

Who knows if it was the good lord who told them how to make it rather than solid engineering.
What if it was both?
Does anyone have any experience with these new ceramic dome tweeters from Transducer Lab yet?
It does all look good, but hearing is believing so I'd also be interested in how these sound. Likely outside my budget but is TL into direct sales or do they have a distributor?

Titanium VOICE COIL FORMER... lighter and stronger than aluminum kids...

The wire ain't titanium, you can see this by inspection of the specs of the three drivers on the page.

_-_-bear

Titanium is about 60% heavier than aluminum per unit volume. The actual stiffness to mass ratio of each is comparable. For use in tweeter voice coil formers, aluminum has other arguably more important advantages like a heat transfer rate that is more than 10 times that of titanium. For tweeters, the transfer of voice coil heat to the dome can be an important design parameter for high performance applications.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
just to get things straight
with respect to roundness and precise shape, the voice coil(wire) itself, the way its wound glued and baked etc, is always the strongest part
its the wire that keeps it in shape

no, sorry, haven't heard it, or even heard of it

how much does that thing cost ?

There are quite a few exotic drivers like these that really make me wonder. Like ZR Speaker Labs. Who uses these expensive drivers? Who would spend money to find out if they're good? Even some that aren't expensive, like Airborne. Very little info on them out there. How do these guys keep selling drivers. OEM?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.