Anyone here "in the truth"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

If you don't understand the question then it was not aimed at you. No further explanation.

I do understand the question and must answer: I refuse to be limited by such a narrow and edited facette of the truth.

The TRUTH of YHVH is much wider and larger and more complex and the teachings of YSHVH have much deeper meanings than those taught in this particular interpretation.

I do however very much appreciate the work done by those in the "truth" on attaining accuracy in the words YHVH inspired in the prophets. Sadly such immensly useful works as the interlinear cover only the cannonical christian scriptures and omit (like any other cannonical Bible) many inspired writings that hold important keys to the understanding of other books, most of the overtly cabbalistic books such as Jezikiel and the revelation of St. John (though much of the hebrew/aramaic and the greek scriptures are cabalistic, right from the details of the description of Tabernacel and Ark in Exodus and Leviticus through to Revelation).

So, respectfully but firmly I shall agree with you to disagree.

Remember, convictions make convicts. If you are too certain of your own believes they imprison you, stopping you from reaching your potential. It is very much the like the scene in that star wars film where Luke Skywalker insisted he could not pull that fighterplane out of the swamp. He was convinced he could not and thus was convicted to being unable to do it.

Reality works a lot like that. I prefer not to imprison myself in my own head and even less in some one elses....

L.V.X.
Sayonara

Re: Re: Anyone here "in the truth"?

Kuei Yang Wang said:

Remember, convictions make convicts. If you are too certain of your own believes they imprison you, stopping you from reaching your potential.

This is what I used to believe as well. Come to think about it, not believing in any belief system is also a belief (and a conviction). Ultimately you cannot escape your own mind. Reminds one of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone here "in the truth"?

Hi,

This is what I used to believe as well. Come to think about it, not believing in any belief system is also a belief (and a conviction). Ultimately you cannot escape your own mind. Reminds one of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem.

Yup, ANY beliefsystem is a mental prison. A cardindex system that throws away 99% of reality. Any beliefsystem is based on our subjective perception of reality through our senses and thus subjective and by definition highly inaccurate.

The way out of incompleteness is to step past those limitation.

L.V.X.
Sayonara

Re: A View From Paradise....

mrfeedback said:
There are a thousand paths up the mountain, yet upon reaching the summit, we point at the same moon.
There is always a dry wit in every crowd - thanks Brett.

Hah ha! Very funny!

That reminds me of Bruce Lee in "Enter the Dragon", to whit:

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Don't look at the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory!"

Straight out of the fortune cookie phrase generator....

MR

Re: Who To Believe....?

Hi,

Who/what is YHVH/YSHVH ? - pardon my ignorance.

YHVH

the tetragramicon or the four letters describing the name of G*d or more precise the devine creator(s). The significance of the tetragramicon Yod He Vau He (often inaccuratly rendered Jehovah in modern times) is obvious to any student of the mysteries and forever occult to others.

YSHVH

Mistype caused by my lysdexia. Meant to read YHSVH

YHSVH

The pentagramicon is the original rendering of Jeheshuah (often inaccuratly translated Jesus). Again, the import and meaning are very obvious to the student of the mysteries, especially if viewed in hebrew script, where the flame (form of letter) of the holy spirit (Shin) is inserted into the tetragramicon to make it into the name of the saviour.

A starting point for further study may be found in many christian cabbalistic writings. As a bonus, "YHSVH Miha Omnia" is a mixture of Latain and Hebrew, saying "Jeheshuah is my all" in effect.

It also does help to keep in mind that YHSVH claimed that his Kingdom and thus the kingdom of G*d was "at hand". It was "at hand" eighty generations ago and it is still "at hand" and always will be "at hand". All that is needful is to stretch out that hand, ask and to be given....

I find it often amusing just how far removed from the original sources (roots) many (or even most) modern religious teachings really are (and I'm not at all singling xtians out here).

Yet, if you cut off the roots of a tree, how can the tree possibly grow, give shade, shelter and fruit? How possibly can the tree not end up barren, without fruit and rotten to the core?

Some more strange scrawls I'm prone to pull out now then explained (of sorts - good explanations always raise more questions than they answered).

L.V.X.
====

Means literally in latain "light", the first thing ("Fiat Lvx" - Let there be light"), but has also other meanings of enlightenment and being filled by light, I like best a very broad translation, namely as a blessing meaning:

"May you change, and keep changing unto perfection"

It's just that L.V.X. is punchier in the Bass and more dynamic... :D

==

93 = Agape = Love (in principle not sexual love)
93 = Thelema = Will

93/93 Love under the Will

93, 93/93 Love, Love under the Will

V.I.T.R.I.O.L.
========
"Visitae Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem,"

Visit the interior parts of the earth: by rectification thou shalt find the hidden stone.

This concludes the explanation of secrets for today.

Sayonara, 93, L.V.X.

David Guaspari once said: "Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness of a pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."

Hi,

Can't we leave all this primitive superstition out of the DIY Audio forums?

Pardon me twice.

First, "primitive superstition" is a very relative and moreover pretty derogatory term. Also, it is by far too widely applicable, as clearly "scientific (or dialectic) materialism" is as much as a "primitive superstition" as a believe in spirits or divine beings.

As Bishop Hume would have pointed out - all truth is relative and no absolute world exists for us, as all we percieve we percieve by being analysed by our senses and interpreted by our brain where learned responses, superstitions and prejudices form the picture we percieve (this also neatly explains why different people percieve the same thing differently, in audio or outside such narrow confines).

Second, the Board upon which this discussion is being held is titeled "Other Stuff > Everything else".

In the context of the names of the other Boards which are very specific the Title "Other Stuff > Everything else" would seem to indicate that "Other Stuff > Everything else" is to be discussed on this board.

I do believe that if other Boards are "Solid State", "Tubes", Digital" and so on, then the current discussion is very much on topic for a FBoard called "Everything else".

Otherwise the Board should have been titeld:

"Everything else - except religion, mysticism, gnosticism, spanish inquisition, Monty Python, girls, boys, Films, TV Soaps, sitcom, chilli tasting, texans, damnyankees, lightbulb jokes and politics"

Or whatever exclusions the Landlords in this place agree upon.

However, until qualified in the title as to what does constitute "Everything else" and as to precisely what does NOT constitue "Everything else" ANY discussion not suited to any of the more specifically qualified boards must be considered "On Topic" for "Everything else".

Sayonara

James D. Nicoll is reported to have remarked: "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse *****. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary."

Belief Systems Again.....

"First, "primitive superstition" is a very relative and moreover pretty derogatory term. "
Superstition is exactly that - a proofless belief system.

" Kuei Yang Wang" eh ? - Fill in your profile properly and sign off your posts with a proper name and you will find that you will be taken more seriously perhaps - you are new around here, and the 'Elders' around here are perfectly comfortable with addressing each other personally, truthfully and respectfully.
If you want to join the club, then you need to drop your guard, for there are no ememies here.

Eric, The Egalitarian.

There is more to LIFE than audio

Music is a good thing.
Audio is the tool we use to get music.
Music is food for our soul.

"Man live not by bread alone, but from the word of God."
If God is love, we get love from his word.
It can be good food for our soul
to get some music.

But, there is more to LIFE than audio.
In fact audio is no way as important as
family, food, clothes, housing, music & love ......

Some things you can live without -
other things you can not - in order to have a good life.

I find it very wise of Jason, to have "Everything Else" at his Forum.
Of course there are other Forums where we can go to discuss these things.
But why not discuss it here, where so many friends
and other people we "know", spend a lot of time. :)
-------------

/halo - sees things from a broader, wider perspective
- where audio is just a tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.