Any australian who has imported a large and heavy driver from the USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you know the Audire Audio , shiva tempest, have an Australian distributor.

John Woodhead
Acoustic Concepts
63 Southern Road
Mentone, Victoria  3194 AUSTRALIA
PHONE: 61 3 9585 1622 FAX: 61 3 9585 1244
E-MAIL: info@acousticconcepts.com.au
WEB: <a href=" http://www.acousticconcepts.com.au"> http://www.acousticconcepts.com.au</a>

I called them about 12 months ago and the prices seemed very reasonable, said he got a good deal through quantity and the Aust$ was about 7% higher to the US$ back then. but can't remember the price he quoted :(

Might be worth an email or phone call ?

Regards
James

audiofreak is right...i ran the plots for the Vifa woofers and they didn't fare so well as a sub...rather...they are suited as 'woofers' in a floorstanding speaker.

peerless XLS in a PR box according to someone can produce 116Db. Believe me this driver in a passive radiator box can go very LOUD and LOW. But its too expensive for u anyway, driver+passive radiator costs half a grand.

I can only recommend the Shiva...go buy it now

Is shipping a Blueprint 15" from US to Australia for $140AU ($75US) ripping me off?

Or can shipping be cheaper?

In aus, if the package comes by post and is worth less than $1000 then it should be GST and Customs free ... therefore it will cost ~$570

If however customs decides to take you for a spin the pricing will probably be as follows....
driver = $430
shipping = $140
stupid GST = $60
custom duties = $21.50

total cost ... around $650

good..thx for your advice

I haven't imported stuff from US and I'm pretty nervy about the extra charges involved when buying a driver from the US and geting it here...

BTW Does the import arrive at my doorstep or do I need to drive to a counter to something to get it?

Hey Audiofreak, one last question really, with my amp being so underpowered to cope with this driver, will it cause any damage to the driver and or amp, i have spoken to someone who seems to think it will. Also, what would the problem be if my amp turns out to be 150 watt into 4 ohms instead of 8???? could i still run the driver?

The shiva have dual voice coils. if your amp is 150W into 8 ohms you'll use one voice coil .... if its 150W into 4ohms you'll use both voice coils in parallel... no problem.

Your amp will not cause problems if you keep the volume sensible ... your amp will only cause problems if you push it too hard and it clips continuously which can then kill the driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.