Any australian who has imported a large and heavy driver from the USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
griff:
In answer to your question....Audax subwoofers---I haven't seen anyone use a audax driver on their sub--audax is only renowned for their mid bass-mid-tweeters

JBL? ---I don't buy things from JBL

SONY?---DON'T buy subwoofer drivers from sony

polk audio?---I don't know about this mfgr...this company is not famous for its raw drivers anyway and no one I see uses their drivers

I guess the Peerless is the only way to go..I prefer their XLS series..but that might be a tad too expensive

Maybe nice sounding Vifa or Scanspeak woofers can suit you... the top line Scan-speak 10" woofer driver is excellent sounding and is used in top of the line speaker systems

go to
www.mass.com.au

the 10" Vifa woofer (M26WR) seems pretty good
the 12" woofer M30WO seems good also
The only obvious drawbacks is their untreated paper cone

the 10" scan-speak woofer (25W/8565) is too pricey but still excellent..according to someone it's used in systems costing $3000US+

The one you mentioned...P25 W0-00-08...suits u also

The only obvious drawback is that polyproplene cones can flex abit under extreme power levels or under high pressure-therefore sound quality will suffer abit when u crank the volume full blast - not as stiff as paper but will not deteriorate

the t/s parameters are on the website...look more thoraoughly

Look at the peerless woofers and compare them to the Vifa woofers

my bad sorry ...

you said vented enclosure...

the last octave of a vented enclosure is dependent on the port not so much the driver... so while the driver is 10dB down the port will make it back up but the absolute minimum frequency the speaker will be able to reproduce will be Fs go any lower and it will exceed Xmax badly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.