• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another CDROM Controller Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I'll do just this -

Get 2 of the 12v 7Ah battery,

connect it in series to get 24v,

LM7812 gets connected off the 24v to power the 12v supply,

and 2 x LM7805 gets connected to one of the 12v battery
(and they will power the cd rom + controller kit).

But really, how serious is a cd-rom as a transport contender to a mainstream cd transport ?

Times for source code

I still have kit for sale .
45 USD for kit
10 USD for shipping world wide.

new offer 45 USD for kit with source code full function with remote

So many friend ask me source code when they buy my kit, and I also give to them for personal use and study. Then I decided to give source code to all who buy my kit for personal use also.

Some people worry for import tax when buy my kit.
So if prefer my source code only 7 USD. for source code that can use with PIC16F877 only. I will send by email.

Any one who already buy my kit can ask me source code for free please mail me and use your email that last time contact me.

"I still have kit for sale .
45 USD for kit
10 USD for shipping world wide."

So your controller will control the functions of a generic CD-Rom.

1) tray open / close
2) play / stop
3) track select

It has remote, PCB mounted controls(local device buttons) and LCD display.

What is required to power the controller PCB and what is the recomended method of powering the CD-Rom if it is NOT being used in a PC? Just a simple regulated +12 volt supply or is +5 volts required also?

Will this also work on a generic DVD-Rom?

I am asking because I am intrested in one but I always like to know what I'm getting and what else I will need before I spend the money.

So your controller will control the functions of a generic CD-Rom.

1) tray open / close
2) play / stop
3) track select

It has remote, PCB mounted controls(local device buttons) and LCD display.

Yes, please see detail on first page.

What is required to power the controller PCB and what is the recomended method of powering the CD-Rom if it is NOT being used in a PC? Just a simple regulated +12 volt supply or is +5 volts required also?

Yes, I just use 7805, 7812 for CDROM and tap 12 V to supply mu board that required 9-12 V 60 ma.

Right now I use with ASUS DVDROM the spin noise was very quiet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.