• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Another CCS for tubes/valves: PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Status Update

Current status of orders is 123 IXYS and 40 HV PNP. It doesn't look like either of the NPN designs will happen.

In order for the PNP design to be viable, we really need at least 10 more ordered, and that is just scraping by. 20 to 30 more would be much better.

For the IXYS board, it would be good to get over the 150 mark (and really, 170 is better). The manufacturer does this by discrete sheet sizes fitting many small boards on a sheet. With the size of the individual boards, numbers from x50 to x00 work out the best (so, 50 to 100, or 150 to 200, etc.) So, we need to come up with 27 more, or cut 23. I could take a few more, but I don't need that many. In fact, I'd rather take less -- my 20 are just to pad the numbers to help get over the minimums.

3 more days, but if nothing changes, then the GB will just be for 100 IXYS boards split among those who have ordered (how this split might occur will be dealt with at billing time).

I too would buy more rather than have to take less than what I put down for.

There will also be many stragglers that will want boards after the the close of ordering.

I think it's safe to up the order to the next breakpoint and you won't be stuck with them.

Thanks

luvdunhill said:
I could order a few more IXYS boards. If we hit 150, will there be a price break?

Probably no price break due to a larger order per se -- price doesn't really change with quantity. If the total is high enough, then a small discount for large orders might be possible -- I just want to make sure that DIYAudio and the Tree House actually get some donations, and I don't want to be stuck with 70 boards and a big bill.

But, since there are a few people willing to go for a few more boards, I may start sending out invoices a little early. The manufacturer is only closed for a couple of days and so will ship during the holiday, but the people who take the order are closed for almost two weeks, so it behooves us to get the order in before they go on vacation. If we can get enough paid before they go, then we can get these quite a bit earlier.

It does not appear that there are going to be enough of the HV PNP boards ordered for a group buy. So, if anyone who wanted some of those would like to alter their requests of IXYS boards instead, please let me know as I am going to send out payment requests tonight, or early tomorrow.

As it stands, I'll probably end up with a few extra IXYS boards, but not a ton.

Final Version

Here's the final version, unless someone sees an important change.

Attachments

• ixysccs.jpg
    ixysccs.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 889
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.