And what did we buy today?

It was indeed two trips, three Rubbermaid bins, topped up, per trip in the Corolla.
And it was a short trip, since the supply yard is just outside our neighborhood.

Waiting for the blisters to heal before repeating that stunt...

Am embarrassed to say that I had also purchased some drain pipe with a rock substitute material contained around it. This is made to eliminate the need to use rock in a French drain.
The down side is that the higher price difference of $200, was equaled in volume with just one of those trips to the rock yard; $6.77.

Oh well, was a math-challenged day I suppose.

Yesterday I bough a "hole pliers" the kind that makes nice little holes in leather etc. A cheap one as I had no huge demands for the quality of the holes.
Run out of the nice electronic holes I got from Japan a few years ago. You apply them where you want and if needed, you just move them ... OH! Not 1st of April today.

I bought three packs of damping material for my oval speakers and a few headers for Arduino - male and female.

Yesterday I paid for the two speaker boxes (80 litres) that a guy in Gothenburg will build for me. He will route the oval holes for the speakers and make invisible joints. A lot of money but surely not expensive.

Last weekend I went to the Dayton Hamfest. During the days before the hamfest I arranged some purchases and trades for vacuum tubes. I traded some tubes I don't need for tubes I do need, and bought and sold others. Some were sent to me by mail, others were delivered to the hamfest (free shipping).

My net gain was about 1250 tubes.

Expect to see some cool stuff in the coming months.

That is one load of tubes.

Not really........at one time I had over 100,000 tubes, all used and unboxed. They were all given to me in exchange for a couple of weekends of work moving several tons of old military surplus. After spending almost 10 years storing and sorting them all I came to the realization that it wasn't worth it........

However most of the tubes I just got were obtained by trading about 50 used tubes from that lot for a large box of NOS tubes......WHY? Because those used tubes were mostly Telefunken, WE and Amperex Bugle boy 12AX7's, ECC88's, and 417A's.

jjrb60.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180601_221609.jpg
    IMG_20180601_221609.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 131