And what did we buy today?

I bought one of these
lamborghini-huracan-black-2015-%284%29.jpg

Oh wait sorry I meant one of these
d43fa61a-18e9-4057-8843-59df3fd12285_1.396956ad1de81cfa9d7689c1e89048b7.jpeg
:)

Just checked out a recycling store for the 1st time. Right next door to 1-800-got-junk. Was hoping to score something big, like a tube console. Instead all I could find were LP's of James Gang - Live in Concert and Andres Segovia - My Favorite Spanish Encores for $1 each. Had to wade through what seemed like the entire discographies of Roger Whittaker and Rod McKuen. Mr. McKuen wins my award for unbelievably-prolific-artist-I-had-never-heard-of.

Yes that and the Herb Alpert whipped cream cover seems to be all that’s left in the vinyl bins these days.

Funny story: a friend who owns a record store was complaining about the 50+ copies of the whipped cream album that he didn’t know what to do with. Someone piped up and said “I’ll take em!” and so my friend happily unloaded a crate full at no cost.

A few months later that guy returned and showed us that he had sold every last copy on eBay for $15 plus shipping. This was in 2005 or so. I couldn’t believe it, but he wasn’t yanking our chain.

One mans trash....

I get mostly religious music, Christmas Music, and occasional Herb Albert.

There was a scrap sale at work. I picked up six sets of antistatic trays in steel frames for $20 each. The drawers are full of components, about half of which I will discard (Ferite transformers, chokes, etc).

Attachments

• DSCN3079.jpg
    DSCN3079.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 185
Today my day to score some deals. Checking out garage sales in between shuttling one of my little ones, I cam across a t.c. electronic M350 and Behringer MIX800 for $5 each!

Bought a lot of audio stuff, all cheap on online classifieds, since my last post. A Behringer CX2310 (so I can finally make my JX92S/GW1858 OB's), a Behringer MDX4400 (which I am embarassed to say I bought because I got it confused with an XR4400), and a bundle consisting of Technics SL-B202, Technics SU-V78, Mini Advents, and LPs.

My "oh boy!" buy was going to be a Dynaco FM-3, which I got a person posting on online classifieds to mail to me, but I was disappointed because it was only mono FM, no optional multiplexer. I should have done my research before buying.