And what did we buy today?

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Also picked up 4x tubes of
SMD Easy Print Solder Paste SN62% - Pb36% - Ag2% - 8g

Because why not right... could come in handy in getting just the right amount of solder on the board, but not too much.

Attachments

• 9-diyaudio.jpg
    9-diyaudio.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 214
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Waiting the arrival of a 3 in 1 combination sheet metal shear brake and roll.
KAKA Industrial 305mm 3-IN-1 Combination Sheet Metal Shear Brake & Roll | eBay
I've had pallet of nickel silver strip kicking around for years without any ideas of what to do with it.
I have been thinking of using it as an alternative to those extruded boxes for small amplifiers.
Those GEC KT-88's I sold on ebay is funding all sorts of stuff that interests me now.

Recently bought a whole bunch of small items on ebay to feed winter and spring hobby season;

motorcycle USB charger: Motorcycle Bike USB Mobile Phone Power Charger Adapter Switch Waterproof 12V Kit | eBay

waterproof blade fuse holder: In Line Standard Blade Fuse Holder Splash Proof for 10A Fuses Car Bike+Fuse | eBay

tube hybrid regulator PCB: 6V6 6P6P EL84 6P3P 6L6 Tube Amp High Voltage Variable Power Supply Bare PCB DIY | eBay

voltmeter and ammeter LED display: Voltmeter Ammeter DC 100V 10A Red LED Panel Amp Dual Digital Volt Meter Gauge G | eBay

regulated PS kit: 0-30V 2mA-3A Adjustable DC Regulated Power Supply DIY Kit Precision Variable Lab | eBay

car battery disconnect: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/112382105030

Nikon CPU lens conversion EEPROM: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/172452737807

62mm rubber lens hood: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222208601740

67mm rubber lens hood: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201839995513

knockoff battery for Nikon D300: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/302461070857

Should be mostly obvious what projects they're for except: electrical upgrade for my old dirt bike, and further combating my old Corvette's hunger for batteries

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
and further combating my old Corvette's hunger for batteries

This is what I use for my camry despite it not needing it like your corvette does (I've got a GPS so I need the additional juice, plus the knowledge that my battery will never go flat again is very nice indeed, the power windows wind up a lot faster, headlights are brighter, car stereo even probably performs better, everything works better, it probably also improves fuel mileage.) It charges up pretty fast.

18V 10W Solar Panel Battery Charger Backup Semi-flexible For Car Boat Automobile | eBay

5A 12V Solar Controller Waterproof Load On In the Night Battery Charge Regulator | eBay

The solar panel just fits on my dash and jams in between the dash and the windscreen, it doesn't pose an issue for me when driving. But if it concerns you then just pull it down and put it on the floor before you go driving. Or between the seats.

10 watts at 18v going into a PWM controller is more than enough for any battery killer, though cycling every day wouldn't be good for the battery, at least it won't kill it within a few months, maybe a few years or more.

My addition to the thread:
20Pcs Lock Wire Electrical Cable Connector Quick Splice Terminals Crimp For Car | eBay
^invaluable when doing car audio installations.

14"- 28" Car Flat U-type Frameless Bracketless Windshield Windscreen Wiper Blade | eBay
Say goodbye to paying $25 AUD for a pair of crappy windscreen wipers.

ADA Aqua Soil - Amazonia Powder 3L | eBay
For a nano aquarium that I'm making.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-HIGH...-INTERIOR-DOME-LIGHT-WHITE-DC12V/251511214906
A perfect fit in those tight little spaces on toyotas, plenty bright.

Last edited:
This is what I use for my camry despite it not needing it like your corvette does (I've got a GPS so I need the additional juice, plus the knowledge that my battery will never go flat again is very nice indeed, the power windows wind up a lot faster, headlights are brighter, car stereo even probably performs better, everything works better, it probably also improves fuel mileage.) It charges up pretty fast.

18V 10W Solar Panel Battery Charger Backup Semi-flexible For Car Boat Automobile | eBay

5A 12V Solar Controller Waterproof Load On In the Night Battery Charge Regulator | eBay

The solar panel just fits on my dash and jams in between the dash and the windscreen, it doesn't pose an issue for me when driving. But if it concerns you then just pull it down and put it on the floor before you go driving. Or between the seats.

10 watts at 18v going into a PWM controller is more than enough for any battery killer, though cycling every day wouldn't be good for the battery, at least it won't kill it within a few months, maybe a few years or more.

I might implement that, but ideally I want something that works when I have the car parked outside in the summer and inside in the winter.

14"- 28" Car Flat U-type Frameless Bracketless Windshield Windscreen Wiper Blade | eBay
Say goodbye to paying $25 AUD for a pair of crappy windscreen wipers.

That's one of my pet peeves as well. Just a few years back, the brand name wiper companies would tell you which blade fit the OEM wiper. Now they practically fight you off. I take the old blades into the auto parts store and figure out on my own which blade fits the OEM wiper.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I might implement that, but ideally I want something that works when I have the car parked outside in the summer and inside in the winter.

You'll want an anderson power pole connector mounted to your bumper bar then so you can charge it with a trickle charger while its garaged. That plus the solar panel should cover pretty much all circumstances.

The 50 amp grey one seems to be popular down here in aus as a method of powering stuff in a trailer or caravan. It also seems easier to find and connect/disconnect than the smaller 30-40 amp ones and it has holes for mounting to a bumper bar/frame.

Attachments

• 55-diyaudio.jpg
    55-diyaudio.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
You'll want an anderson power pole connector mounted to your bumper bar then so you can charge it with a trickle charger while its garaged. That plus the solar panel should cover pretty much all circumstances.

The 50 amp grey one seems to be popular down here in aus as a method of powering stuff in a trailer or caravan. It also seems easier to find and connect/disconnect than the smaller 30-40 amp ones and it has holes for mounting to a bumper bar/frame.

@#$%^&* trickle chargers!!!!!!! The trickle charger is what took out my EBCM, albeit a defective design prone to failure.

I think my go ahead plan is to pull the expensive battery saver, as it doesn't do the job (!@#$%^ you PriorityStart!), and then install the battery quick disconnect for use in winter, and use a solar panel in summer. That way the battery shouldn't run down in summer, and avoids both eating batteries and the embarrassment of the alarm going off when the door is opened after power returns.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
@#$%^&* trickle chargers!!!!!!! The trickle charger is what took out my EBCM, albeit a defective design prone to failure.

I think my go ahead plan is to pull the expensive battery saver, as it doesn't do the job (!@#$%^ you PriorityStart!), and then install the battery quick disconnect for use in winter, and use a solar panel in summer. That way the battery shouldn't run down in summer, and avoids both eating batteries and the embarrassment of the alarm going off when the door is opened after power returns.

Sounds good. What you could also do is add a second solar panel on a long lead so it can go next to a window inside the garage. assuming you have a window.

With this method you won't have to lift the bonnet every time you want to garage your car in winter to flip the battery disconnect.

Your ECU might appreciate not having to relearn every time you garage your car aswell.

Last edited: