And what did we buy today?

Well, what I bought into over the last months has come to be the subject of a front page article in our Local newspaper.

It's not of 'material possession' and 100% in accordance to the Sagan quote/ideology.
This has been for the understanding of Law, Statutory responsibility and for the defense & betterment of others who will suffer as a result of poorly considered determinations.
They were warned.
I see no good reason for 'Commercial' interests to have a higher weighting than that of poor vulnerable residents amenity.
The FYJIAR attitude is yet to be written into Law.
I see no good reason for failing to act in accordance to relevant Acts, in essence, failure in execution of a Statutory Obligations.

So, that's what I've 'bought' and it was delivered today. :)

After hearing an interview with Giles Martin on NPR, I couldn't resist for my son, who turns out to be a bit of a Beatles fan

Sgt Pepper's 50th Anniversary Edition - 2 LP set . Original mono mix, and Giles' updated stereo remix, lost tracks, etc.

we'll see if it was $50 (Cdn) wasted

Welcome to vinyl! ;)

actually it was the multi-format digital video /boxed set offerings that got expensive - the vinyl was quite affordable, I thought

https://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Anni...id=1499293708&sr=8-4&keywords=sgt+pepper+50th

this is one of those albums* that I & my friends must have worn out / burned through several copies of back in the day
(hey, you drop a lit spliff when trying to read the label while it's spinning on the table, and it'll literally burn through)

*the others were LZ1, 2 and 4, Woodstock, Cream Wheels of Fire, ELP (White Dove cover & Tarkus)

geezus, I am old

The old 200mm camera lens arrived (£7.60 from Ebay). It had a damaged f stop (no adjustment).
It will be converted to become an 8x57 Finderscope to replace the crap 6x20 fitted at present.
I stripped it down to remove over 240grams from the weight to be added to the scope.
Hand holding the pair (200mm tele + 25mm EP) makes a nice monocular.

Now I have to make up a small tube to attach the eyepiece to the remains of the telephoto.
And work out how to fit a pair of fine wire cross hairs that are located at the focal plane.

Last edited:
I needed a throw down travel amp for harp practice so here it is, using a hi-z green bullet. Its wayyy loud in 1 watt mode. model #611705

It was $139 NWT delivered. The green mexican bullet was $50. I wired it hi-z. Interesting it has a San Ash connector. Both from ebay.

-

Attachments

• Monoprice-harp.jpg
    Monoprice-harp.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 115
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I bought a Western Digital My Cloud Mirror 4TB for use as a NAS and for MM cloud storage. It's accessible from anywhere which will make my wife happy, hopefully she cannot fill it up too quickly with pictures.. LOL It was pretty easy to set up, over the week end I will pair my phone and tablets as well as my wife's phone with it. Will set up a share she can access from her laptop.

Attachments

• My cloud.PNG
    My cloud.PNG
    101.3 KB · Views: 180