And what did we buy today?

This Technics rig. Local dealer has an unadvertised package deal that includes the electronics for free. With the MSRP on the latter at 150% that of the speakers it was hard to say no.

Attachments

• sc700.jpg
    sc700.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 179
TPA3118 mono PBTL amplifier board. Board size is 47mm x 36mm. Max power output is 60W. Price is $1.60 (including shipping).
except it is actually a stereo/two channel amplifier.
You have to parallel the outputs to convert it to mono and to get double the output power you halve the load impedance.
It is actually a 30W+30W into 8+8ohms amplifer when fed from +26Vdc.
And the distortion performance is pretty terrible.

Went to local emporium Weird Stuff today. Packed up a medium-sized plastic nesting tote ($3). To fill the tote, an nice roll of PTFE wire, a medium-sized black anodized heat sink drilled for 6 x TO-3, several bags of 4-40 and 6-32 screws (hundreds and hundreds of screws), a largish bag of Beckman single-turn trimpots, and three 100 uA analog meters, All for about 50 bucks. A fair dinkum deal...

Last edited:
51I40VP5ofL._SY90_.jpg

3 pounds of string-trimmer line, and a cheap ratchet-wrench set.

Hey, it's summer, the weeds are growing, can't hang inside.

I got tired of buying that stuff and installed stainless steel braided wire.
Frayed a bit after hours of usage in a commercial setting, but worked neat and saved a lot of time loading or fixing jammed dispenser heads on the machine.

Me buy today? Cheap piece of scandi art glass at the thrift shop. Nice little hand made lead crystal penguin for my mate. AU$1.25