And what did we buy today?

12 cases of supermarket beer.

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_125156447.jpg
    IMG_20191128_125156447.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 146
A disgustingly cheap (and well, flat-out disgusting) sandwich from one of those ubiquitous interstate "travel centers". Hey, it was hell- er, holiday travel after all...

Yesterday it was a trip to REI to pick up a pair of disgustingly expensive outdoors-type pants - because extra-gluteal exposure (specifically mine) just won't do. At least not at the dinner table. :D

Last edited:
A disgustingly cheap
flat-out disgusting)
disgustingly expensive
That's a disgusting post. I hope you are having disgusting turkey leftovers with your disgusting loved ones tonight.
Disgusting as it sounds I'll be having the same disgusting leftovers as a lot of people and...

...I'll enjoy every disgusting moment of it. Have an excellent evening Mr. Disgusting. :D

Last edited:
Sherri, our daughter and I stuffed our faces at a family feeding event, them reconvened at the outdoor mall in 30 degree weather with 30 MPH winds. We were there for 6 hours. I got two pair of Wrangler Jeans for $12 each and two 4000 lumens LED shop light also for $12 each. After trying out the $12 lights last night, I got two more this morning at our local Walmart.

The lights look nearly identical to a couple I got a year ago at Sams Club for $40 each. They put out some nasty RF noise, so I may need to modify or replace the power supplies inside them.

I bought a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 wireless ear buds on black friday sale.
I'm planning to use them for hearing protection at work.
I hate the isolated feeling wearing hearing protection and usually end up making lot of noise unprotected.
I think I will be comfortable wearing these since they have adjustable "ambient beware" to let in some background noise with focus on voices.

super cheap laser printer for home pcb etching

Never having been one to engage in the Black Friday hoopla, I couldn't help but succumb to a deal I found on the Staples website for a $39 Brother b&w laser printer. Great reviews and cheap refil toner, figured I'd share it here in case anyone else might was hoping for an affordable solution for home PCB fabrication via the toner transfer method. https://www.staples.com/Brother-HL-L2320D-Monochrome-Laser-Printer/product_1074269

Cheers!

Killed my soldering Iron trying to fix cheap right angled banana plugs (from Ali Express) to my speaker cables - The grub screws supplied where too long to allow the sleeves of the plugs to be screwed back once cables where inserted so I filled the screw holes with solder. I have a monster Iron I should have used but didn't!

Pretty peeved because the Iron was part of a combined heat gun/soldering station that's now discontinued. I have just bought a new standalone Iron but that would leave me with half a soldering station. Researched new stations with and without heat guns and looked at Ebay for spares. Much poking and prodding of the existing iron and more hunting round the net and I found a Hobby shop just across the water in NZ South Island with a spare heating element on their website. It's the same price as a complete Chinese Iron but feels better to fix up the old kit than to send it to the tip. Persistence pays of when hunting stuff down on the net - if they sold enough in the first place someone will have spares in inventory they'd like to get rid of.