And what did we buy today?

New Chlorinator

Bought a new chlorinator cell for my pool today , 45 degrees C here this afternoon . Pool needs a lot of chlorine with that kind of heat . We need to keep hydrated with this temperatures so on the way back from the Pool shop I bought a case of Ice cold Heineken , which was very much appreciated when I got home ;)

From the same man I bought the Klipsch Fortes, I got a pair of Dynaco A25's.

$50 CAD. :) They need new grille cloth.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 273
Carrera Gryphon - road bike with mountain bike handling. £180, with a free back light.

Compared to my full-suspension mountain bike (which I still adore), the Carrera is very light, so has a lot of get-up-and-go when it comes to traffic lights.

Of course, it was raining this afternoon, so I haven't had much chance to play.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Just spent some time listening to the Dynaco's and I must say the sound, while somewhat dated, is pretty darn good. No wonder they sold over 600,000 pairs.

That can be ameriolated a bit by (carefully) removing the grill over the dome and installing a poly cap in the XO (doesn't hurt to eliminate the switch and as much of the R as possible)

dave

Bought a couple of transistor testers.
One of which you can connect up any old way and it determines what the transistor/diode is.

The other does a broad range of tests on transistors. I have used this for testing breakdown voltages of transistors.

Bought them first off to test the enclosed amplifier.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I bought a vintage Technics SL-Q310 quarts lockcked direct drive turntable in a black version for 30 Euros. I am the first owner of the same turntable in the silver colour version (1983; back then at wholesale 43 Guilders, which is about 20 Euro's). but I always wanted the black version. Changed the original element for the Audio Technica AT92E F4P cartridge of my silver TT, and hooked it up to my beloved vintage set up (Denon PMA 717 amp, Teac V380C cassettedeck and Kenwood DPF-1030 CD player). As expected it worked flawless and sounded great.