And Now For Something REALLY BIG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They have arrived!

pics will need to wait a couple of hours I'm afraid as my Lightroom library needs a rebuild.

heres a bad one from my cellphone to keep you going

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    680.6 KB · Views: 677
Here they are

Need a little finishing but way better than I could do. filler & paint and I'm away!

Now I need to get the miniDSP up and running!

Attachments

• _MG_0187.jpg
    _MG_0187.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 229
  • _MG_0185.jpg
    _MG_0185.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 561
  • _MG_0184.jpg
    _MG_0184.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 551
  • _MG_0183.jpg
    _MG_0183.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 564
  • _MG_0182.jpg
    _MG_0182.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 596
Holy poop Batman, I've not posted since Feb :eek:

I promise I'm still on this. Had a few things crop up.

I now have an allotment which means I have some outside space to crash about in. This is very beneficial for my Bipolar and the hard graft and sunshine is doing me wonders. I know I'm overdoing it but the exuberance of a 'high' is too good to miss or resist by being sensible.

I'm planning on using FaitalPro 15PR400 which dont need the largest of cabinets. Just saving for a trip to Spain in Sept. so haven't got many pennies to play with

I will be back......I promise:D

Back again.....sorry for the 'little gaps' between appearances :rolleyes: been a little more bipolar than usual after finding out at 36 I have osteoarthritis. So thats both my brain & body shot. All I've got left is my spirit :rolleyes:

Anywho due to my 'irregularities' I'm a little constrained cash wise. Oops. That means I'm looking for some lower priced gems for the low end dept. I thought about some cheap temp drivers just to get me off the ground and then better ones later if required - if all else fails I'll mothball it and save.

In the meantime what do you think of these? LF Pressed Chassis / Ferrite - TF1530 - Celestion - Guitar, Bass & Pro Audio Speakers

They look ok in 100l in WinISD

Thanks for your patience fellas

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
... a little constrained cash wise. Oops. That means I'm looking for some lower priced gems for the low end dept.

just to tell you ...
LEAN(UK) offers free UK shipping on many drivers

also, Eminence Legend CB158 bass guitar woofer might work, with 34hz Fs and 0.34 Qts :scratch2:
(with such low Fs it must be very soft suspended, since it has a very light cone, or specs are off)

I really love the videos of HUGE JBL's and big ol' Altecs on various sites. The sheer size of the cabinets and visceral presence of the sound they seem, and are reported to produce is intriguing and 'lust worthy'. Especially the big 4350 & 4355 and Kenrick Sounds own 4351 (a vertically arranged 4355)

There don't appear to be many projects on the scale of these $$$$$ giants, and understandably so with WAF, room size and cost etc to be taken into account. But what if..............?

Maybe 2x 15inch Eminence drivers for bass up to 100-150hz, a decent 10inch mid (recommendations?) up to 1000-1300hz, then maybe a paudio 2 incher on a 2380 cloned horn up to 8khz-9khz & then ??????????

How could it be done for a reasonable price (comparable to the JBL's)? What design concerns are there with HUGE 4-ways (assumed active)?

Let your juices flow in a mental exercise in excess - you never know, someone might build it?

If you want to go BIG and mulit-way. I think I'd stop at using three drivers. IMHO a good choice would be to use the Beyma TPL-150H XO to the Beyma 12P80ND at 1000Hz to 1500Hz area ---{you can check out these two drivers here: Beyma}--- then I'd use either a 15" to 18" driver of your choice to cover 200Hz and below! That would be one heck of a HUGE speaker and at over 100Hz sensitivity it would blow your socks off! It would probably even sound better than those JBL speakers in the videos to boot!

I'm listening to: Hydra by Toto

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Hey Sippy! I will run them with the Emkens to get used to the minidsp. Just need to get another amp. They will sit a little high and the even though the horns are pretty, sat atop the Emken (looks only a mother could love) Mrs O. might have words :p

Hi tinitus! Lean(UK) are great. best prices usually. They provided me with my HF144 FaitalPRO | HF Drivers | HF144 that will be doing HF duties. I'll have a look at that Eminence driver. What did you think of the Celestion TF1530?

If you want to go BIG and mulit-way. I think I'd stop at using three drivers. IMHO a good choice would be to use the Beyma TPL-150H XO to the Beyma 12P80ND at 1000Hz to 1500Hz area

I am slow, but I just remembered two designs done by Thorsten Loesch for Tangen AV Design. The Tangen AV Design website does not seem to exist anymore, but I have the designs for the XO and cabinets for both units. The Inconcert Miles uses the Beyma TPL-150H with 2x Beyma 15P80nd, and the Inconcert Duke uses the uses the Beyma TPL-150 with 2x Beyma 12P1000nd. If anyone is interested, I could try to post the designs. Alternatively, if anyone could tell me where I can upload the files (PDFs) to so everyone can see them, I will do that.

Deon

Oops, I forgot about that. Here they are.

Just to add a side-note- many commentators have noted that these do actually need a midrange driver to sit between the 12" or 15" bass drivers and the Beyma TPL-150/150H. I would suggest something like the Faital Pro 8PR200 as a good candidate.

Attachments

• InConcert Duke Delefilter.pdf
    75.1 KB · Views: 101
  • InConcert Duke kabinett.pdf
    4.8 KB · Views: 98
  • InConcert Miles kabinet.pdf
    423.3 KB · Views: 92
  • InConcert Miles Passive crossover.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.