An Amp Sonics side-thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
bigwill said:
A CCS plate loaded 6SN7 driving a CCS loaded BJT cathode follower would make a wicked amp I bet.

Any schematics I could learn from and adapt? I'm very interested in doing this.
I have the power transformer (2 x 260V, 2 x 30-0-30, 2 x 12.6V secondaries). BJT's by the dozen (MJL21193/94 etc.).
NO TUBES though!

DISCLAIMER: THIS MIGHT NOT WORK I AM NOT AN EXPERT

ANYONE READING THIS DO NOT BUILD THIS UNLESS YOU CAN INFER THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS CIRCUIT AND PRECAUTIONS

Make a nicely smoothed HT supply of around 300v, put a decent CCS set to around 6-8ma of your choice in a 6SN7 anode for each channel with the appropriate cathode resistor to get the quiescent voltage at around half of HT. You now have a voltage gain block with a gain of around 12.

For the output stage, make a CCS set to around an amp and use this as a load for an emitter follower. RC couple the voltage gain stage to the emitter follower and put a big cap on the output stage to null any DC offset to the speaker, bypassed with a smaller film cap of your choice :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.