Amplifier DC Offset - How Much is OK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another one hooked

Totally and utterly. Couldn't wait to get home from work each day to switch on my soldering iron. Must be the fumes!!

Just hope my other half doesn't leave me. "It's me or your soldering iron!"

Hey guess what?

Just got my Aikido valve 5687 kit. Full of great caps, Auricaps, RTI, NOS russian PIO etc.

My girlfriend was in Miami and I ordered loads of stuff for her to bring back in her case. She arrived back this morning.
got some superb Blue Jeans Cables IC's. very nice indeed.

So I will be building myself a pre-amp but all valve I'm afraid.

Hi Brit01, new to diyAudio, and was wondering how did the valve pre-amp go? I was really wondering what is it with people preferring valve pre-amps over solid state versions. Do they really give solid state amplifiers a tube-like sound? What I am trying to say-do the tube characteristics/quality of the pre-amp travel (via channel input) throughout the amplifying process, out to speaker and not changed to a solid state sound characteristics by the solid state amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.