Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup

then fiddle with P1 , according to article

xampcamp1_sch_500.png

If we want double the bias, is it just a matter of halving the values of R1-R4? I like my 5 wattz to be meaty:D

Yes, have fun! The ACA makes a great guitar amp if you disconnect the feedback, although there is still some through P1. You should be able to clean up the high end if you double up on JFETs (Q4) and cut R9 to 470 ohms. Bigger Q1s suffer from too much gate capacitance, so stick with IRFP240's. The circuit will work fine on 24V, just readjust P1 because the output voltage doesn't track the supply.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Kits & Boards are stocked at the order fulfillment center. Listed in the store in <24hrs.
Go to "store" in the menu band at the top of the page to check every hour!

Kits have the boards included.
The drilled and tapped heatsink pair is available separately
The power supplies are available separately. One will work for 2 channels, but two make sense
if you're making, monoblocks or if you just want the cachet of External PSU's, one per channel

Or there will be a package with the kit, pair of heatsinks, and two power supplies.

Last edited:
Got mine too!!

Macfixer I'm just down the road from you in Newhaven. maybe compare builds?

Yes that would be great Im new to al this just on my first build B1 pre amp its at the post office got to pay import duty......... cant wait but I know it just a beginning after Ive built the amps got to get some BIBs done as well but before that will just have to see how much volume Ill get through the normal speakers hope it enough to feel good

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ordered! :) Thank you diyaudio for that kit!
Do someone knows the dimensions of the power jacks?

The jack on the amp is for a plug with a 2.5mm center pin. At Amp camp we just cut off the plugs on the PSU's and soldered them on because the plugs were unusual. The diyAudio PSU's have the 2.5mm pins so that's why we used that spec. The plugs seem to get bigger diameter as the voltage increases. 2.5mm is pretty common for 19v supplies

There are other size jacks AND plugs available at places like Parts Express, and I'd assume Digi-key...

Logged into the store, but can't see the kit... what am I missing?

Nevermind, found the link posted earlier... Thanks! :)

Ordered! Thanks heaps to all at diyaudio for making this happen, and a big thank you to Nelson for all his contributions to us diyers!

Last edited: