aleph theatre?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if im understanding correctly, if the amp is generating 20 volts into an 8 ohm load, it will be 50 watts, 28.28 volts equals 100 watts, etc...

i will basically measure the amp's output power, take note, and make a mark on the scale...

its logarithmic, so the scale will be very inaccurate from 0-10 watts or so, but im not concerned about accuracy, if i want to know how much power its giving, ill just break out the RMS DMM, its mostly for show. as long as the needle rocks with the sound, its cool. thats all im concerned about.

Water cooling suggestion

We cool patients down in heartsurgery using water cooling with a radiator built into the oxygenator. While they are integrated, a motivated individual could seperate one and use it for the heat exchanger. Too bad, my employee threw out 15 questionable performance oxygenators last summer. I would have been happy to send them to anyone who wanted one. However, you will exchange one problem for another by using water cooling. You see, the water has to be cooled, and that requires a noisy compressor or ice! So its one evil for another. Also, to exchange heat efficiently , the water must run pretty fast, like 30 L/min. So then you got a noisy pump too. It's the most noise in heartsurgery, where we want everyting quiet so we can listen to our music;)

i thought about watercooling. i have built a nice watercooling setup for an old computer that run almost completely silent. however, it was big and complicated.

if anyone saw the thread "what are you working at?" you might have seen the projects i listed... one of them was "secret heatsink project".

my goal is to get heatsinking more efficient. i have plans that will make for a 5x gain in heatsink efficiency (at least), without any additional noise (audible or electrical). they are also active, monitor themselves and can increase/decrease their cooling as needed to keep parts operating at a set temp.

the concept was devised after this project was started. but, i have already purchased some of the parts for another stereo aleph2 that i hope to fit into a box thats 25% smaller than my mono alephs. if my calculations are correct, its possible.

it will be one hell of a task, but if i can pull it off, we could further the idea and make a 5 channel aleph fit into a single case :) there is no reason why it shouldnt work though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.