• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph P is back!! (limited time offer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heatsink brainstorming

btw I expect that many of you will put this preamp together before I get to it (since I have another big project open), but to give you an idea of where I will be going with the heatsink idea: planning on cutting a short piece out of an I-beam, punching holes on top to lose some weight and then having 4 irf610 fets hold that "mushroom" upright. just an inspiration. if you come up with a better proposal please share.

>>>eventually, when you build them, we can also breathe new life into the "builders thread" by posting pics and comments there please:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/239072-pass-aleph-p-1-7-preamp-builders-thread.html

Attachments

• AlephP_hsink_r1.JPG
    AlephP_hsink_r1.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 299
supplier confirmed the files look manufacturable and the scheduled ship date from China is Dec. 15th (so just in time for Xmass :hohoho: ), and for you just a bit later I guess.

>>>we are now officially out of boards for the count!!

So this group buy is CLOSED.
(unless some do not pay for their boards and they free up later on, so feel free to get on the waiting list).

Note: if there is a group put together later on and somebody wants to take that GB on: IF you have a proven track record on this forum as a non-commercial entity I may make the files available to you. mind you this design is PASS property and meant for DIY builds only!!!

------------------
so lets start talking the build:

the build discussion should move to the builders thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/239072-pass-aleph-p-1-7-preamp-builders-thread.html

there will be no documentation put together by me. I will only provide the specific bits of info regarding the addition of relays and the dip switch to configure their settings. and of course anything to do with board layout if (God forbid) there is a need to debug some spot.

another reminder: the relays, if you will use them, require a 5V PS (I use those from Dantimax but anything simple with a 7805 reg will do). so start looking for one.

Last edited:
OK -the final list for FETs

Macfixer -2 boards=12fets
Myint67 -4 boards=24fets
Koja -4 boards=24 fets
gwrskien -6 boards=36 fets
greyrab - 4 boards=24 fets
JohnGeneva-2 board=12fets
Tome - 2 boards=12fets
bfpca -2 boards=12fets
Earthquake- 4 boards-24fets
BK856er-2 boards=12fets
Tadek-2 boards=12fets
DaveM- 2 boards=12fets
Zashoomin- 4 boards=24fets
Sjoerdsmits- 2boards=12fets

I'll be ordering them later this week and building the test setup on the weekend.
Brian

Sjoerd, you are in but now I have no spare boards.

I do not expect issues since I will be shipping everything via tracked mail unless told otherwise. However, with all the postal cost increases for international shipping this can get VERY expensive for some countries, so I will let the receiver choose the cheaper non-tracked option if that's what they want; but I am thinking now that in this case any loss of mail should become their responsibility!

btw I can ship either from Canada or from the U.S., so for the "local" guys in N.America there is no issue. overseas is a different story.

for example: gwrskien here bought this year from me a couple of Prasimix pcbs: I remember shipping them plain mail to Norway since registered was very expensive. it took a long time but he got them. so most of the time it will work fine, but if you do not want to pay for tracking, and it gets lost, please do not come back asking me for replacements since I am out of spares.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Hi Koja,

I know that mailing a package can be pretty expensive. I sent one from The Netherlands to Australia last week and that was €30,00 for registered mail with Insurance.

No problem for me, but I can imagine that is a lot for some members.

I prefer Track & Trace mail. They arrive faster! Australia just took one week!

Here you can choose between a letter wit a maximum weight up to 2KG that will fit through the mailbox, or a package up to 2KG. Prices are not so bad to Canada. Letter is €16,00 with track & trace and insured upto €50,00. Package is €25,95.

So if it fits a normal letter (A4) that would be the way to go I think.

Are you going to send out Paypall invoices?

Kind regards,
Sjoerd

I am not sure yet how to handle it. if i use Paypal for invoicing then PP may require a tracked shipment? which would rule out any plain mail if somebody wanted it (I myself often do just that because it works 99% of time, but then there is that 1% risk I guess). I am fine with whatever you guys want.

tell me your preference and once I get the boards, I can have them weighed at the post office and tell you the exact amount to send via PP and once I received it I will mail it out. hopefully I can do that in just a few batches not to run to the post office a zillion times.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Hi Koja,

No, you are not required to send with Track & Trace when you do the financials with Paypall. Just keep in mind that there is an extra cost of about 3.5% of the total. It is best that you already add that extra in the total price.

Regards,
Sjoerd

zrxshack: too bad you are a bit late to the party.

however I will repeat here my offer: when enough new guys declared interest here, you can choose a champion for the new group buy. when you are placing the online order with pcbcart for example, you only specify the size of the board, the material, thickness, number of layers, colors, the max number of holes, etc etc. ;(for most you should stay with the default values since those are the cheapest). the cost gets calculated, you pay for it first, and then a link presents itself for uploading the files. however, it says right below that link that the files can also be sent by email (I have done it both ways).

>as promised I will email them the files with your order number; I only do not want to receive the boards and to handle the money collection and boards distribution again.

p.s. you may even like playing it safe, and await till the first batch has proved itself (the board has not been tested yet), so then you can be 100% sure.

Hi folks

FETs are ordered. If any of you want to forward me your mailing address and your email it would be appreciated. If not, I will need to send out Private Messages requesting the information. I am building the test jig and procedure now. I plan to test at 30C. This is a compromise because the actual temperature will depend on the heatsink used.
The gain stage 610s are the parts that require close matching in this design. Because of the large number of FETs ordered I am confident that we can get very close pair matching for the gain stage.

Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.