• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph P is back!! (limited time offer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did some quick checking into the Spartan 9000 relay since "gwrskien" got me worried about its availability. but wheew, the 5V reed relay IS available at both digikey and newark/farnell, it is now made by Coto Technology, 9007-05-00 without the built in diode, or 9007-05-01 with the protection diode included. I will check later if there is an even better one in the same footprint.

again these are only for connecting negative signal to gnd if the preamp is used single ended at either input or output. if you don't like the relay you can always jumper it.

you may have noticed that I actually used an SPDT version only because I have a lot of those, (so one pin is not being used). I will now reroute for the proper SPST-NO relay, with 4 pins at 100mil (2.54mm) pitch, and I myself will either buy new relays or use some jumpers to make use of mine with 5 pins.

I am still busy with some speaker work, but will try to finish AlephP board with added PS section by the end of month. if the cost makes it with the people we have by then we may even order it sooner? (I personally am in no hurry due to other open projects but if others want it sooner, why not?).

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hello,

that`s great news.. Didn`t mean to get you worried. Sorry about that. I just did the search and those two "old" relay`s came up..

The one`s you list looks to be available all over, and at good prices also.

As for "delivery time" of the pcb, i think that should be up to you. You are doing the work, and i am just happy that people with the knowledge and willingness to share and do group buy`s are out there.

Thank`s

Hello,

that`s great news.. Didn`t mean to get you worried. Sorry about that. I just did the search and those two "old" relay`s came up..

The one`s you list looks to be available all over, and at good prices also.

As for "delivery time" of the pcb, i think that should be up to you. You are doing the work, and i am just happy that people with the knowledge and willingness to share and do group buy`s are out there.

Thank`s

Agreed! I'm flexible on timing as well. I have been a member here for a long time but only recently discovered the Pass labs section and the huge volume of posts and topics on DIY amps. I wanted to build a B3 preamp as my first project and then an Aleph J but the lack of available JFets has led me in another direction. I'm going to build an Akaido preamp first because I need a preamp and have most of the parts already. ThE Aleph P is next on my list. Hopefully there will be more JFets around by then and I can do the J at that time.
Thanks for making the boards available.

Brian

the schematic never really changed, (i.e. outside of my adding relays and dipswitch to it the pcb is true to Papa's original). so you can just check the APv1.7 service manual. (p.s. if you need it let me know and I can email it to you).

now: what's everybody doing for matched irf610s?

i have 20+ pieces and will be matching quads myself. I was planning on single measurements and then differential matching in pairs. but if somebody was willing to do it for the whole group at cost, I might just buy them again to save the time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.