• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph P is back!! (limited time offer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I am glad that you are looking forward to it, but I may as well mention it: ACA is 10k input impedance and SE? AlephP with 1k attenuator at its output may not be the best choice for the job. I mean it will provide enough gain to be able to waste some but still...; also running AlephP unbalanced is sort of a wastefull practice (IMMO), especially if expensive film caps are used. adding gain to say AlephJ may be a good job for it, or running a balanced F4.

for ACA: I have Juma's bf862 preamp for the same job. less gain, only 8dB, but the little jfet just does a wonderfull job. I am currently expanding on it to make 8 channels of those with a volume control for a multi-amped system :).

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/254190-best-options-making-f-5-integrated-amp-3.html#post3968949

well I am glad that you are looking forward to it, but I may as well mention it: ACA is 10k input impedance and SE? AlephP with 1k attenuator at its output may not be the best choice for the job. I mean it will provide enough gain to be able to waste some but still...; also running AlephP unbalanced is sort of a wastefull practice (IMMO), especially if expensive film caps are used. adding gain to say AlephJ may be a good job for it, or running a balanced F4.

for ACA: I have Juma's bf862 preamp for the same job. less gain, only 8dB, but the little jfet just does a wonderfull job. I am currently expanding on it to make 8 channels of those with a volume control for a multi-amped system :).

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/254190-best-options-making-f-5-integrated-amp-3.html#post3968949
Thx Koja:
Will a tube buffer between the Aleph P and ACA work? I have a Musical Fidelity buffer unit lying somewhere. Also, I will be interested in bf862, perhaps you could send me a PM with details?
thx
al
p.s I just checked the link there is a lot of info there.

Last edited:
I would not complicate it in your case by adding anything to AlephP.

for an unbalanced application calling for up to 10dB in added gain that little bf862 preamp would be the cheapest and the simplest solution. but I do not believe i have any spare boards for that one (I had them made only for myself).

another good choice, maybe even better for you since it would be more universal (a lot of gain available, 22dB or so), and I believe it uses the same bf862 buffer stage at output is Juma's LSK-pre. it can be made with either toshiba jfets or with other, cheaper and readily available parts (Juma is always great in providing DIY alternatives which also sound good).

I have a stereo board for LSK-preamp (made by Prasimix) if you want it, and you can pass those AP boards onto JohnGeneva who just showed up on the system (just a few days late to claim his boards which you purchased). so you still have all the options open :).

I would not complicate it in your case by adding anything to AlephP.

for an unbalanced application calling for up to 10dB in added gain that little bf862 preamp would be the cheapest and the simplest solution. but I do not believe i have any spare boards for that one (I had them made only for myself).

another good choice, maybe even better for you since it would be more universal (a lot of gain available, 22dB or so), and I believe it uses the same bf862 buffer stage at output is Juma's LSK-pre. it can be made with either toshiba jfets or with other, cheaper and readily available parts (Juma is always great in providing DIY alternatives which also sound good).

I have a stereo board for LSK-preamp (made by Prasimix) if you want it, and you can pass those AP boards onto JohnGeneva who just showed up on the system (just a few days late to claim his boards which you purchased). so you still have all the options open :).
Sounds good. Let me know how to proceed of the swap. I also have Brian's fets coming so he (JohnGeneva) can have them too. I need parts list for the LMK preamp.

well I take it that now everybody has been taken care of. a few boards have taken a LONG time to reach its destination due to the post services screw ups but that's past now.

enjoy your builds and please do not forget to post some pics and comments in the builders' thread.

well I take it that now everybody has been taken care of. a few boards have taken a LONG time to reach its destination due to the post services screw ups but that's past now.

enjoy your builds and please do not forget to post some pics and comments in the builders' thread.
Thanks for outstanding service koja. I will put some pics up when I finish my pre.

I will not use relays so I will place jumper over it, but don't know on which position.
Could someone please draw me what to jump over on Koja PCB for SE input and ''normal'' gain,(output from DAC (AYA II TDA1541 DAC))

Thanks

Attachments

• pcb_AlephPv17_v_1.JPG
    pcb_AlephPv17_v_1.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 458
thanks Koja for replay...
I haven't been around for a while...

Now I understand about shorting pin 1 and 4 on first relay for SE input...

But still don't get it about the rest off relays...gledam u njih ko tele u sarena vrata zadnjih po ure...

any way, would it be mistake to leave them unpopulated ?
and place some jumper wire if once needed...
tnx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.