Aleph Ono/ Xono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a best I can do for now. The layout and artwork.;) Components side is mirror view (it means you see traces). I placed 7k5 resistor in parallel with 5k trimer in place of R4 at the collector of Q1. This allows for DC offset adjustment and it's pretty stable.

The real artwork is probably on my old computer which my wife took to the office, so it's hard to say when I will be able to get it ( at my convenience).

I used dry transfer method for that board, so it is not too perfect.;)

Attachments

• onno.jpg
    onno.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,422
Gentlemen, ;)

After a week of painstaking Routing and Drawing and Designing and doing it all over again and again, I have finished the layout for my version of the Ono Power Supply. It features MASSIVE capacity on low-impedance elko's, and should be extremely stable. If anyone is interested, I can always make more, or I can send you the files so you can make your own.

Here it is (screenshot from Ultiboard) on about 1:1 size:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the Inverted View, so you can make out the component placing:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Bakmeel said:
Gentlemen, ;)

After a week of painstaking Routing and Drawing and Designing and doing it all over again and again, I have finished the layout for my version of the Ono Power Supply. It features MASSIVE capacity on low-impedance elko's, and should be extremely stable. If anyone is interested, I can always make more, or I can send you the files so you can make your own.

Hi Bakmeel,

I was wondering; are you building a full ono or a stripped down MM version (like Peter)? When you are building a full MC version I am still interested in a PCB !

Edwin
Haarlem

Edwin Dorre said:

Hi Bakmeel,

I was wondering; are you building a full ono or a stripped down MM version (like Peter)? When you are building a full MC version I am still interested in a PCB !

Edwin
Haarlem

Hi Edwin,

I am building the full version of the Ono, so with both the MC and the MM input. I'm not sure when the actual amplifier PCB will be finished, but I'll keep in mind to make an extra set of PCB's

BTW: Though my Nickname is Bakmeel, I'm better known as Bouke (van der Weerdt) ;)

Bouke

Keith, Ron,

You're on the list :) I'll send you an email for confirmation later, when I finished designing. That will be in approx. two - three weeks

The guys that make my PCB's usually charge 15 euro's for a eurocard sized PCB (10 x 16 cm). But most of the times I'm able te make a deal with them. My guess a set of PCB's will cost about 30 euro's. Then you will only have to add shipping, which won't be a lot either :)

I'll keep you informed...

Bouke

Please add my name to the list also...

Hello Bouke,

If it is at all possible, I'd love a pair of audio and power supply boards as well!

Just let me know how much and where to send money...

The job you've done on the power supply layout looks great!!!

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Hi Bouke,

30 euros sounds like a great deal :) And if you can get a better deal, all the better! Just let me know when and where to send the money. Will you accept PayPal?

Peter and I can probably split the shipping, that is you can send both orders to one of us. I'll want one power supply board and one phono board, if that's what I need for stereo.

Thanks again,
Ron

Steve, Peter,

It's noted... Same rules apply. Finding out HOW to ship and how to pay will be dealt with later... I've never worked with Paypal before, but i'll check it out if it comes in handy.

Now that I'm posting, perhaps you guys can help me with these problems I ran into choosing components:
- First one, see the new thread I started: Here
- Second: In the schematic I find at least three 10 uF Capacitors.. 10 uF!! that is a VERY big cap. Farnell sells bipolar elko's (Panasonic S series). But these are *expensive*, and i'm unfamiliar with their qualities. Do you know how to tackle this problem?

Bouke

Hi Bouke,

Are you making these pcbs as mono or stereo boards? The reason for asking is that my intention is to build (over a long period!!) a fully dual-mono system from pre-pre amp to speakers. Using mono boards would therefore be less wasteful of space in my case (pardon the pun).

BTW, do you have any images of previous pcbs that you have had from your supplier, for the purpose of establishing the level of quality we could expect from your Ono boards.

Count me in on a stereo pair plus PSU boards when they become available.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

It's noted... you're on :)

I had the intention to build the entire schematic as a dual monaural system, so for the full system you would need two PSU, and then a Right and a Left Channel Amp Board. The Amp boards will be built to each other's mirror image... Summarising: They will be fine for your system ;)

For the quality: I'll try to make a few pics soon (I don't have a digital cam), but I assure you they will be of a good quality: My supplyer is housed in the university's workshop, and they can make much more complex pcb's than these... I believe they can bunch up to 6 traces between two DIL-pins (20mil spacing).

Greetz,
Bouke

Bouke,

I had the intention to build the entire schematic as a dual monaural system, so for the full system you would need two PSU, and
then a Right and a Left Channel Amp Board.

Does this mean that I have to order 2 amplifier boards and 2 power supply boards? And that the cost would then be 60 euros? Or will the amplifier board contain both right and left channels on one board? And if so, is it necessary to use two power supply boards (the original Ono does not use dual power supply boards)?

Thanks,
RonS

Ron,

In any way you would need to order two amplifier boards. A Left and a Right channel, Or two Left Channels if you don't want the PCB's to be each other's mirror images.

The PSU is well suited to do the job for both amps. In fact, it's got enough reserves to drive an entire power stage! :). But for my own project, I tend to build two PSU's; one for each channel.

Just let me know wether you want 1 or 2 PSU boards.

Regards,
Bouke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.