Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
the bottom has same lateral holes as the top plus some holes in the middle(same holes you can find on the board that holds the caps as you can see in the 3rd picture)
I was thinking to use some 5mm distantials between bottom and fixing system.
what do you say? will it do the work?

Attachments

• Image0475.jpg
    Image0475.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Image0480.jpg
    Image0480.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Image0479.jpg
    Image0479.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 309
aleph J distortion

Hi All,
I have a problem with my mono Aleph J, which is very similar to Anilva's. Please see the attached measurement (in Red)of my Aleph J. The only thing I am not sure about is the Q4's measurement.....which seems out of place. The sound from the Aleph J's will distort when the volume is increase....just around 1/4 turn of te volume knob only. The other things that I have noticed is the heat sink is not heating up well and the rail's LED (i have a LED in place at the power supply rail since Peter's board doesn't have one) stays on at least 15 seconds after I have switch off the power supply. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• aleph J measurement.png
    aleph J measurement.png
    280.4 KB · Views: 314
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
judging by voltages across source rsistors , you're having decent Iq ( around 2A5) which gives around 135W of dissipation with 27V rails

however , taking in account what you wrote for PSU leds , something is wrong - you can't have 130W of heat and cold sinks , same as slow dying LEDs with 2A5 Iq

pictures ?