Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Having Greg over was a very enjoyable time, he says I helped a ton, and in reality I gently nudged him in the right direction and basically just watched the Aleph progress beautifully under his work.

Mark and I have been discussing PSU diodes quite a bit, and this was a perfect example to get the Quasimodo out and have it do its magic.

As Greg mentioned, the PSU fired up with zero drama and tested perfecty. That's quite a bunch of progress on a build such as this, a successful PSU installed the chassis is absolutely more than 1/2 of the work complete.

I haven't had an Aleph in my system for a couple of years, I am looking forward to hearing this at least as much as Greg is. :D

AJ Build complete

Overdue f/u to post #760. My AJ was completed a little over a month ago and is feed beautiful class A sound to my mini- Magi's. Such a beautiful, rich, and transparent sound. LOVE IT!

Special thanks to all this threads contributors, the DIYAudio Store Team, and others for encouragement. For sure, without 6L6's guidance, I would have never even attempted this. Now I am confident to move on to other DIYAudio projects!

Following up on progress to post #757 above...

Spent 6 hrs at Jim's house today working at his bench with expert guidance. ...

... before I get more time with this project.

AJ - 1.jpg

AJ - 2.jpg

AJ - 3.jpg

AJ - 4.jpg

AJ - 5.jpg

AJ - 7.jpg

AJ - 6.jpg

AJ - 1 (1).jpg

in reality I gently nudged him in the right direction and basically just watched the Aleph progress beautifully under his work.
Good afternoon, push me (please help me).
I was going to collect aleph, due to the lack of SJ109 will be irf9610. Please rate the amplifier circuit, the project will take off?
What are your comments in the schema and on the components. Order Mouser Electronics
Many thanks for the advice.
PICTURES 1 A — imgbb.com 2 ACDC — imgbb.com

Last edited:
That is Aleph 3, and an unauthorized PCB.
The amplifier board is working, A3 enthusiasts have gathered on it, I want to build on it a model J with ifp9610 input transistors.
You can create a board yourself, the amplifier circuit is the simplest.
In the no authorized version, the Q1A and Q1B transistors are separated, although they must be connected to each other.
This can be called an illiterate authorized solution.
SOLD OUT :(
Aleph J – diyAudio Store

Last edited:
An Aleph with input differential amplifier stage using IRF9610 (Mosfet) is not a "J"
I understand you, but SJ109 has not been released for a long time.
Only Chinese toys with the name SJ109 are sold. In your store either. SOLD OUT
Aleph J Transistor Kit – diyAudio Store
With Chinese transistors SJ109 the amplifier will be called Aleph-J :spin:

Last edited:
if you want Aleph with JFet input , there are pretty much only two options :
-either buy Aleph J package from Store ( when available ),
- or look for About possible Babelfish J interest
I am sure that even your dad is not sure that 2SJ74BL are authentic.

Output mosfets prescribed - IRFP150 (one effectively as two IRFP240), just one pair , no matching needed .
Soldering of outputs - either through hole or on wire bridges on upper pcb surface
Mr Nelson is probably lagging behind in progress if he still installs the IRFP240 by dozens into his new amplifiers. :rolleyes:
only business and nothing personal ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm pretty much sure that only thing worse than your (understanding of ) English is - my (understanding of ) Russian

:rofl:

OK , I'm lying - my better and smarter half is pretty versed in Russian ....( so some of that is transferred to me , even if passively)...... so I just hope that you're having problems with language , not with something else

:devily:

That chassis and heatsinks are going to be very hot, they are too small for the Aleph amplifier.
I already bought a chassis for an amplifier 430 mm wide, 350 mm deep, 180 mm high. Heatsinks 350mm 180mm 50mm.
The cost of 300 US dollars with delivery

Difficult to determine the concept of the amplifier in the class A 20~30watt.
Toshiba's original transistors are no longer to be found, people make money selling Chinese fakes. Need a good scheme for modern elemental base.

Attachments

• IMG_6626.JPG
    IMG_6626.JPG
    644.2 KB · Views: 434
  • Case3.jpg
    Case3.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Case1.jpg
    Case1.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Case4 .jpg
    Case4 .jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 126
"Aleph style" heatsinks

Would anyone be interested in getting a bunch of "Aleph style" heatsinks as shown in the attachment?

I am considering to run a batch of these, and if there is enough interest, that might even be affordable. Just let me know either here or by PM. If there is enough interest, I might start a group buy thread for this.

Attachments

• heatsinks_aleph_06092019.png
    heatsinks_aleph_06092019.png
    5 KB · Views: 174