Aleph 30: project completed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
Hi Andrea,
rewire your mains and transformer.

The mains Safety Earth (third wire) must go straight to chassis and be PERMANENTLY connected with a MECHANICAL fixing, not soldered.

The two secondary windings must go to the four connections on the PSU board.

Sorry Andrew, you can modify my design in the right way? So is more clear for me!

Thanks

I do another test, I tried to separate the power board from amply board (see the attachment).

the situation has worsened :dead: :bawling:

Attachments

• masse2.jpg
    masse2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 737
Ciao Andrea,
from my experience with Aleph30 (2 built) I can suggest:

-Use the gnd area on the power supply pcb as star ground
-Bring there all gnd connections, including signal gnd
-Connect safety earth from IEC socket to case but not directly to GND. This will prevent earth loop if another appliance is connected to earth without loosening safety.
In case you can connect them with a resistor, a RC network or whatever you like.

I also strongly suggest the use of a separate rectifier bridge for each secondary winding. With your PCB it must be wired externally but I think it is worth it.

Ciao!

Andrea

News:

I've modify the layout (sorry but attach file don't working) and now the problem is resolved ;)

Thank you all for helping!!

Last thing........very strange :dodgy:
If I link both RCA, ONLY in speaker right feel a slight hum.....if I reverse the link, the hum exit from left speaker.
I suppose that the problem is not the Aleph......right?

Peppe said:
BOZ because of simplicity (IMHO good starts for newbie)

B1 because (with your speaker) the gain you need is enough

P1.7 because of balanced in/out

Any other you like...

It is up to you ;)

Peppe

Mmmm i think P1.7 is the best choice because I want to connect through balanced out pre with final.

there are no tube pre made by pass?

know where i find the PCB for P1.7?........Mmmmm KK-PCB or where?

I Attach the mass layout that i used

Attachments

• masse2.jpg
    masse2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 564
Andypairo said:
You don't have to connect safety earth and signal gnd with a short, start with a low value resistor (10 Ohm or so) and report what happens.

Do you have other earthed appliances in the audio chain ?

Ciao

Andrea

Btw my suggestion included to wire the input socket gnd direct to the power supply pcb.

Ok i try with a resistor and report what happens. Watt of resistor is important?

Mi source CD have a earth.

Input gnd RCA directly to the Power PCB or through the Main Amplifier PCB is the same thing IMHO.......see the layout of Main PCB

Ciao,
since you already have the CD earthed you can connect the gnd of the amp with a resistor (at least 1W) or with a RC network.

Connecting the gnd of input sockets (I hope these are isolated from the chassis!) to the main board won't do any harm if almost no current flows into the connection between main board and star ground.

Hint: where do you connect the speaker return?

Ciao!

Andrea

Andypairo said:
With this wiring the return current form the speaker will flow into the wire between the 2 pcbs, modulating the voltage of the "gnd" of the main pcb.

Do you understand now why I said that is better to bring all gnd wires to the star ground?

Cheers

Andrea

Ok Andy, i understand ;) ........I'll try tomorrow to modify the wiring when you advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.