Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

@tonza75

or the other candidate like AD ADM, TI TPS and many others. But what do you think?

Here the sketched diagram. Comments welcome.

JP

Attachments

• IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    681.7 KB · Views: 625
I have used the same values as in Hugh's schematic (post 1239): 0.12 0.27 860
Hugh's values are perfect, whatever I tried to change it got worse.
The only differences are KSA992 in the LTP and fb taken before the 0.12r

I did some simulations of the 4R damping factor:
fb before sensor: 33
fb at Vout >100Hz: 210, 30-50Hz: 500-300

Regards,
Danny

Attachments

• ALPHA20-4R_KSA992.asc
    13.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ALPHA20-4R_DF_Sensor.gif
    ALPHA20-4R_DF_Sensor.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 412
  • ALPHA20-4R_DF_Out.gif
    ALPHA20-4R_DF_Out.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The pre-built PWM fan controller works pretty well. Can set to run slowest speed and then accelerate at set temp like 55C. Has buzzer if fan stalls and comes with NTC and buzzer. One board can drive 3 fans. The Deepcool fan I have is very quiet - I think it is going to work out well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PWM-Fan-Controller-Test.jpg
    PWM-Fan-Controller-Test.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 1,548
Beautiful work, X. I really like the way you set up, configure and measure everything..... it takes a lot of energy - passion for your art - and I must say that Jean Paul has done a brilliant job on that very large, exquisitely set up pcb. The BB ALPHA 52W is a very high tech amplifier with its heatpipes, multiple fins and quiet running 120mm fans, incredibly economic for what it is, and I guess very soon we will find out how it sounds......

As again, thank you for this wonderful work, a practical realisation of my original idea with a big help from Nelson Pass.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You are welcome, Hugh. Thank you for giving us world class amp designs! I have to say that JPS64 really made a brute of a board here - it is very nice and big and built like a tank. I don’t think it is possible to lift a trace given that they are all via bonded to both sides. Having the CPU cooler bolts line up perfectly (there are like 6 sets of holes) and now having the PWM fan demonstrate itself to work well leaves me free to concentrate on the actual amp building. Just realized I forgot to order 220pF NP0 0805 snubber caps. Might have to get a big Wima MKP to fit on those pads.

This is going to be a very cool project.

Agree! Although it's actually quite hot :D can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Hoping to get BOM as soon as possible, so I can order components from Mouser for 2x Juma's capMx at the same time as B.B's components. Passive cooling with backup fans is my way to try this build. And capMx + CRC filtering, one per channel. 2x30v 545va toroid pair waiting to get in action :)

Last edited:
@Juntuin
Surely not, then needs to be debugged and some firmware. But we´ll do best.

P.S.: this is definitively NOT a cheap solution!!!

Hi X,

dB meter communicates with ALPHA BB control board using I2C (isolated from analog ground with AD AduM1250 and optocoupler for ADC ALERT signal).

You can still use OLED with the ALPHA BB control board, but since I´ve seen the OPPO solution, I´m really into e-paper displays: bigger in diagonal, lowest power, sure more expensive.

Let us talk about later,
JP