Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Ah, I understand!
They would do nice monoblocks, but I'm also addicted about idea of water cooled build. I'm pretty sure that both of these amps will be part of my system for a long while when ready since I need 4-channels of amps and these heat generators seems to impress me every time!

Thanks X for your patience and waiting.

Big specification submitted for control, ready to work on BB.

Progress:
- I´ve still to clear and definitively fix universal clamping solution (also usable for liquid cooling systems): I´ll order a 3D printed mockup and different CPU fan cooler beginning next week and it´s not cheap (perhaps directly PCB?)
- today I´m working on the µC fan control: thinking about specific board including main filter, main switch, inrush current limiter, DC blocker...

PWM supplies needs some strong filtering, not yet implemented on BB board.

Stay tuned!

JP

Attachments

• Visio-Lüftungssteuerung.pdf
    13.1 KB · Views: 106
  • BB_1.png
    BB_1.png
    808.8 KB · Views: 478
  • FAN_1.png
    FAN_1.png
    524.7 KB · Views: 674
  • FAN_2.png
    FAN_2.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 449
  • DC-BLOC_1.png
    DC-BLOC_1.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 437
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
JPS64,

Wow, that's like a commercially idiot-proofed fancy eye-candy solution there. Very cool.

I have a 3d printer but the nozzle is clogged and I never had a chance to fix it. One of those things on the "to do" list...

Maybe the GB can crowd-source you with the 3d printing costs for the pathfinder? How much are we talking about?

Basically, we make that part of the cost of the GB PCB's for the ALPHA 52W BB - and share the cost for all who want to participate in the GB.

Thanks for all you efforts. Looks wonderful.

Yes, JPS, it looks wonderful, very neat and tidy.
I really prefer however that there only a single pair to avoid the matching issue. That pre-empts 480W devices, or even 1040W versions from IXYS.
If you have three pairs they will have to be carefully matched of course but it's absolutely no problem if you can match them from a large sample.

Thank you again, fantastic work,

Hugh

Thanks to all for this compliments, great motivation, but first, I want to thanks Hugh and X for this amazing contribution. Great developments shout after great implementation.

Back to work...

Thanks @hajj for your offer I´ll think about but dealing today with a friend owning CNC machine (beer, wine?). I´ll import IDF PCB datas into SolidWorks using CircuitWorks and generating CNC datas.

JP

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi X,
I think that’s a good idea to spread the cost throughout the group buy so JP doesn’t foot the bill for our pleasure.

I would also like to see single robust output devices.
And, a separate power supply for the fan controls so noise issues don’t corrupt the amplifier.

Fantastic work JP!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X,
I think that’s a good idea to spread the cost throughout the group buy so JP doesn’t foot the bill for our pleasure.

I would also like to see single robust output devices.
And, a separate power supply for the fan controls so noise issues don’t corrupt the amplifier.

Fantastic work JP!

I totally agree about the 3d printing costs to be shared, unless hajj has a solution for free...

I think that is why the fan controller is a separate board:
664253d1519376304-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-fan_1-png

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Wow BB really shaping up to be a monster. With liquid cooling, would a chiller be needed for return hot flow, or, are you thinking more along the lines of static fluid in the tubes. Beer equipment supplies have many models of "plate chillers", that may have some use. The cost increase's with the amount of plates. Check out http://more beer.com as an example.

MM

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Last edited: