Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
HifiCollective, 2 x Mundorf MLytic Audio Grade (AG) MLGO 25VDC / 47,000µF

56,46 EUR, with taxes + cheap shipping to Spain from UK.

In my others DC Blockers: (DCB, DCBx2 and DCBx4)

EPCOS B41505A7189M000 - Electrolytic Capacitor, Long Life, 18000 µF, 35 V, 5000 hours @ 105°C, ± 20% (EUR 12, two years ago)

In my Audiocircle thread I wrote:It is an expense that is worth it. Once you notice the improvement you do not want to go back.

By the way,

GRAPHS: medium life electrolytic capacitor

capacitor-condensador-electrolitico-vida-media-temperatura.png

One thing to remember is that the comments from Pinocchio regarding the caps size and type are in reference to a pure CRC type power supply where all the filtering of the mains is done via an RC time constant.

Vunce’s application here will be the use of the Juma cap Mx which provides a -50dB ripple reduction, so whatever is used on the first bridge full wave rectifier is needed to get some ripple reduction within the modulation capability of the cap multiplier. Certainly adding the cap Mx after a CRC is even better.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
GB Status Update:

Pinocchio - 1 pair, Sent
6L6 - 1 pair, Sent
bk856er - 1 pair, Sent
Vunce - 2 pairs, Sent
Pcgab - 1 pair, Sent
jwjarch - 1 pair, Sent
vvs07 - 2 pairs, Sent
jacques antoine - 1 pair, Sent
GnuB - 1 pair, Sent
Kokanee - 2 pairs, Sent
zman01 - 1 pair, Paid, waiting for some components
Bvtrinh - 1 pair, Sent
MshipmanPE - 1 pair, Sent
muthumuthiah - 1 pair, Sent
Schlomoff, 1 pair, Sent
markus22ch - 1 pair, Sent
manniraj - 2 pair, Paid, waiting for matched KSA992
Juntuin - 1 pair, Sent
Aatto - 1 pair, Sent
Wayne1 - 1 pair, Sent
Soelker - 1 pair, Sent
Touchdown - 1 pair, Sent
CFT - 1 pair, Sent
roger57 - 1 pair, Sent
Dane -1 pair, Sent
Gaborbela - 1 pair, Sent
wtl - 1 pair, Sent
Emynet - 1 pair, Sent
hajj - 1 pair, Sent
alibear - 1 pair, Sent
redarc12 - 1 pair, Sent
bawasmin - 1 pair, Sent
Ermine22 - 1 pair, Sent
Danibosn - Sorry - GB1 is out of boards

74 boards total - we are out of boards for GB1. I will start a list of interest for GB2 starting with Danibosn for 2 pairs.

Last edited:
It can be done, Bao, but it is a slightly different amplifier and double the components, pcbs, and assembly session.
Two modules can be configured so that antiphase balanced input can drive one speaker from the two 'hot' outputs for double power.

HOWEVER, why not build the 52W Big Boy ALPHA, and then use a balanced to SE transformer at the front of the larger amplifier?

HD

MT (my favourite Yamaha motorcycle series!),

I am a manufacturer, in small scale. Audiophile caps introduce sonic tone into the system which some people like at an outrageous price which is many times more than I could ever put into a manufactured amplifier.
If I wish to introduce sonic tone in the amp, I use economical, industrial series parts and manipulate it with topology and operating points.
To sell my amps with Mundorf caps, I would have to increase the cost of my amps (modules are $AUD930 and $2200 for my two models) would be increased by 50%. I would not then be able to sell them, because the audiophiles have a fixed cost in their mind when they buy, and only when they forget their shrewd standards after they have paid for their amp will they then buy a couple of audiophile caps for $200.

Madness...... but then, these parts sell well, and plenty of folks make a lot of money from them.......

You asked my view.... I hope I have not upset people!

Hugh

I thought the same at the beginning, hence the use of the cheap 85 ºC EPCOS. Then I tried the expensive 105 °C -with much better ripple according to the manufacturer- and noticed a lot of difference in the new DCB.

I wanted to update the DCB prototype with them but they are out of stock so I was looking for an alternative. After reading the Pinnocchio's comment I decided to do the test and it is being very satisfactory. for now.

For now it is next to a DCBx2 in my TV system with an AV Yamaha. Soon it will replace the DCB that I have with the DCBx4 with my second hand AV Marantz SR4500 (cheap tweaked -> sound is much better than original), which is where I can enjoy the music. For now only TDT TV sound, without music, the sound is much better!

[URL]http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/AV-Marantz-SR4500-KEF-Q100-ATL-Hi-Fi-DCB-prototype-DC-Ripple-Blocker-x4-ME.jpg[/URL]

[IMG] [URL]https://i0.wp.com/maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/ATL-Hi-Fi-DC-Blocker-x4-ME-open-front-side-3.jpg[/URL]

PS: I am only [B]maty[/B] in [I]open[/I] Internet from June 1998. Here it was impossible. Then maty + tinman.

Last edited:
Aksa, great point of view and to my mind 100% correct. There appears to be a lot of hype regarding "exotic" components. How much is true and can be proved is a matter of personal believe. Seems to me that you can get cheap components, good quality components or the expensive exotics.
I've always purchased branded components from a reputable supplier and have always been pleased,( my old ears are pleased anyway).
Just my personal point of view.
Regards