Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement. It certainly felt dark for awhile. On the brighter side it forces me to clean up and throw out junk or donate stuff I don’t need. Fortunately, no irreplaceable items like photos or records were lost. No one was hurt either but, man, talk about a lot of work. Luckily I have a good friend who brought his whole family over to help with the cleanup - really blessed with good friends.

The one thing that survived intact was the main electronics lab bench as it is a tiled area. Although if drywall turns out to be damaged they might have to replace bottom 12inches from the floor on all affected walls.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
It’s amazing how many people have also gone through this type of a home disaster. You would think water sensor alarms would be standard requirement (like a smoke detector). I just bought 8 of them and will place them wherever a leak can happen (under each sink, washer, dishwasher, water heater, and of course sump pump).
Thanks for all the moral support!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am using one of JPS64’s CLC filters from the Aksa Lender Preamp. I have a 1000uF // 1mH ferrite core // 1000uF cap with 51R in parallel across the inductor. It stopped the fan noise dead. If you look at JPS64’s layout for Alpha BB you will notice a built in CLC in the main board for the fan controller power supply.

Thanks for the link to that fancy CLC filter though. It looks like some nice components used genre.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Recently I have had a few people contact me that they were preparing to start a new build on a 4ohm Alpha 20. Here is a schematic with the changes needed for a 4ohm speaker Alpha 20. Thanks to Pinocchio for adapting the schematic with new values for 4R operation.
674314d1523391739-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-alpha-20-schematic-updates-2-4amps-4r-png

Which reminds me, did you ever finish your build of the Alpha, Pinocchio?

Last edited:
Recently I have had a few people contact me that they were preparing to start a new build on a 4ohm Alpha 20. Here is a schematic with the changes needed for a 4ohm speaker Alpha 20. Thanks to Pinocchio for adapting the schematic with new values for 4R operation.
674314d1523391739-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-alpha-20-schematic-updates-2-4amps-4r-png

Which reminds me, did you ever finish your build of the Alpha, Pinocchio?

Yes, yes! Awesome, thanks for posting that, and perhaps a link on the 1st page of your thread(s).

Pinocchio rocks! :grouphug::cheers:

Best,
Anand.