Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Ordered 2 more Dell CPU hetpipe-sinks yesterday for B.B. and Mouser order is almost ready to go. I'm not so familiar with collecting needed parts, so took couple of evenings to gather all in shopping cart. Going to use dc-prot/delay's on this one.

I have made couple of drawings about upcoming cases (monos) and I was wondering about fans. I would rather use just one fan per channel, two for stereo intead of four. So will one 200mm x 200mm work even close as effective as 2 x 120mm's, when I'm going to take high quality pair of huge fans?

Thank you Vunce. I remember you and X tried out the Juma/Prasi CapMX. Do you think it's possible to use beefier mosfets to get a better result or does that just convert more voltage into heat for no reason?

I had problems with capMx also, Alpha just draws too much Amps, it's not designed for such constant load. It works, but it heats up much more than Alpha with same sized big passive heatsink.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If anyone knows of a nice simple BJT based cap Mx maybe it will help as voltage drop only 0.6v? I know Allo audio makes BJT one with small voltage drops maybe they work? I have seen them used on MoFo which has quite a large current.

Here is an example of Drpro using my favorite DC step up with an Allo cap multiplier to power a MoFo at 1.7amps. Seems to work in this case.

665844d1520027358-build-mofo-mofo5-jpg

I have also used the Juma cap Mx on my MoFo at 1.7amps without issue. It was a P2P cap Mx though so maybe there may be an issue with the PCB implementation.

Last edited:
Actually X I am running this one at around 2.5amps. Per your suggestion the DC-DC step up are on slabs of aluminum.
This amp plus the 40v Aksa-Lender pre is now wife approved and being used in the living room.
Just finished a RPI, Kali, Piano setup using Volumio for music playback. A bit over 6k songs on a small HD.
A very nice combination.

Attachments

• mofo7.jpg
    mofo7.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 353
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
2.5amps is very impressive - what is the voltage drop across the Allo?

Glad that wifey has approved of the whole setup. I bet it sounds fantastic. Nice going with RPi music server. I am lazy and simply succumb to an Amazon Dot appliance feeding some of my amps for domestic non critical listening. It sounds pretty good actually and in Bluetooth mode it’s also very handy.

Last edited:
Not sure X, I would have to pull it apart and measure, so it may be awhile!!
The RPI with Volumio has turned out to be very wife friendly. Just put the app on her phone, so her the workings and how to turn on the gear. Plus the I have a relatively small stack of equipment, speakers are on 24" pedestals, and once I rebuild the .53X Karlson's those will take the place of similar size Polks. Overall a fairly small setup.
Start small and work up to what you really want!!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
2.5amps is very impressive - what is the voltage drop across the Allo?

My Big MoFo utilizes the Allo CM boards. 2.5A bias and the voltage drop is less than 1V (.6vdc).
I didn’t know they were copied when in purchased them, Irribeo mentioned it a while back and I compared them to the Simplified MrEvil / PMI Capacitance Multiplier and the Allo is pretty much a copy of the positive side of this CapMx.

Attachments

• DFF8526A-6F82-4883-AE16-75EA16F78256.jpg
    DFF8526A-6F82-4883-AE16-75EA16F78256.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 442
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Almost twins:D

Back to Alpha, my second transformer arrived and I installed the dc protection/delay board to check it out. It’s even easier to install than I thought, it just needs 12vac! Works perfect, about a 3 second delay so none of the dc power up spike hits the speaker.
I’ll have stereo Alpha BB music very soon:)

I am busy with the amplifier enclosures, I work on two enclosure the same time. One for the M2 and one for this amplifier.
However, it goes very slow some days I can do nothing someday just a bit because of my health situation. Also, I live in an apartment for every hole drilling I have to go down not to disturb my neighbors. Pictures were made on the balcony.
These will be the Alpha case, it needs a faceplate, bottom etc. I am not sure if I use that stainless for the top, I have second thoughts about.
I will see I have to find a store where they cut material into size.
First I will try 20-0-20VAC transformer if the heatsink can handle more power at summer maybe I will increase the rail voltage.
Maybe until the end of summer, I will finish it.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I purchased those a couple years ago from a Canadien eBay seller. They were used as an industrial puck diode cooler. Each cooled 2 of those diodes. The fins are not the smooth type, that increases the surface area. I will lift up with the feet so if it needs I can ad each side a small fan at the center where the two join together.
These are heavy and big heatsinks, I believe these will handle easily the 20W Alpha even at summer, the fan just in case if I will increase the rail voltage, haha... You know how these used to work we always want more power.