AKM AK5394a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ADC and jitter

TobWen said:

atm the MK1412 is the clock on the A/D and it works for now :)
At the studio a Fostex D15 acts as a wordclock.

Of course, better analog-equipment could raise quality, but it is hard to get samples and I don't want to change my circuits every day :-((

atm I don't do any resampling. I set the CS5361 to 44.1 KHz and record :)
Hi again, the MK1412 can have a very high jitter - look in the specs, something like 200pS peak??? This is very much for a studio, only goes for a commersial CD/DVD player in the low/mid price range

:cannotbe:
The jitter problem is greater than the ADC one - whatever new and expensive ADC u use u can not get good /enough/ performance from it, especially at higher bitrates and sampling freq.
Resampling would be necessary just to do with the jitter problem, and synchronize with the wordclock. It is not necessary itself. The other jitter solution is to generate the masterclockl at the adcs and slave ALL THE OTHER equipment :whazzat: with that clock. Here you need one multichannel ADC, can not use n stereo ADCs
These are the only solutions for the jitter I know so far.
Happy New Year

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.