• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Hi Sonny

Will DAC v.1.1 work in my current setup with the case and front end from DAC v.1.0?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It is backwards compatible with the V1.0 dac. It will fit and function with the frontpanel.

Only the frontpanel firmware requires an update to enable SPDIF and I2S inputs as well.

BR

Sonny

Hi, does this dac offers volume control within Windows 10?

I can provide firmware for that. Then volume control is done in the XMOS receiver.

It work with 32x32 multiplier and a 64 bit accumulator. But this makes it impossible to handle DSD.

---

The frontpanel that will be sent with the DAC boards can get an encoder attached. This makes it possible to use the attenuator in the DAC and then DSD works.

---

Old AK4490 USB DAC upgrades. Many have asked about the oscillators onboard if it is possible to get them with better oscillators.

Now it is. Crystek offers an oscillator called CCHD-575. This oscillator has really low phase noise in a package of size 7.5x5mm so they can replace the FOX used before.

New boards of AK4490 USB DAC V1.0 (USB only) can be fitted with them for additional 10€ (5€ extra per oscillator - You cannot buy them at that price)

If you have an old board. The easiest way of fitting them is to use a standard heatgun with nozzle and 260 degrees Celsius and a
tweezer.

Mouser has them in stock

CCHD-575-25-24.576
CCHD-575-25-22.5792

The phase noise is 25dB better than the FOX electronics.

BR

Sonny

Attachments

• CCHD-575.png
    CCHD-575.png
    613.2 KB · Views: 479
I can provide firmware for that. Then volume control is done in the XMOS receiver.

It work with 32x32 multiplier and a 64 bit accumulator. But this makes it impossible to handle DSD.

---

The frontpanel that will be sent with the DAC boards can get an encoder attached. This makes it possible to use the attenuator in the DAC and then DSD works.

---

Old AK4490 USB DAC upgrades. Many have asked about the oscillators onboard if it is possible to get them with better oscillators.

Now it is. Crystek offers an oscillator called CCHD-575. This oscillator has really low phase noise in a package of size 7.5x5mm so they can replace the FOX used before.

New boards of AK4490 USB DAC V1.0 (USB only) can be fitted with them for additional 10€ (5€ extra per oscillator - You cannot buy them at that price)

If you have an old board. The easiest way of fitting them is to use a standard heatgun with nozzle and 260 degrees Celsius and a

tweezer.

Mouser has them in stock

CCHD-575-25-24.576

CCHD-575-25-22.5792

The phase noise is 25dB better than the FOX electronics.

BR

Sonny

Sonny, that phase noise plot is for 100Mhz the 22.576Mhz is 10dB better.

If anyone in North America would like the Mirand DAC/Pre with LPS and NDK 2520SDA clock please let me know. There will only be 1 available, and it's using the 1.0 DAC with discrete output stage. Keep in mind the NDK2520SDA isn't even available for sale yet to OEM's. It is a very new clock, hot off the press. And when it is, it will be 1000 piece minimum to OEM's only. It was a 7 month wait for me to get the few I have. Price for this DAC/Pre is $1400 including express shipping to anywhere in North America. Includes Apple remote as well.

I can sell world wide as well. Just add $50 for anywhere else in the world. Shipping time is under 7 business days anywhere on earth.

Last edited: