Adcom GFA-585 Blown 20w 4.7ohm on soft start board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ben,
I have already PM'd you. ;)

You are looking for Japanese parts, so you will not find them at those suppliers. Resign yourself to shopping here and there. Sometimes I need to go to four vendors to get all the parts I need for a repair. Such is life sometimes.

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Ben,
I have already PM'd you. ;)

You are looking for Japanese parts, so you will not find them at those suppliers. Resign yourself to shopping here and there. Sometimes I need to go to four vendors to get all the parts I need for a repair. Such is life sometimes.

-Chris

MCM kicks butt. I will order through them, and I am ordering extras for matching;)

I got your email:)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ben,
Completely O.T. , sorry you're split up. Life is better together and it sometimes takes some work. That's as long as both of you are being reasonable.

At least you have your girls. Kids are wonderful and mine are almost out in the world by themselves.

-Chris

hi guys...sorry to be a butt-insky....but the A 970 and C2240 are readily available here in Canada.... I have about 20 of each just sitting in the shop. I use them for Genereal purpose repairs because they have a fairly high breakdown voltage, are 500mW devices and have a useable Ic.

Will get back to you on a seller in Toronto that stocks a gazillion NOS japanese semi's. I have their business card somewhere in my disaster....I mean shop.

Have dealt with them before....no problems, and no chinese counterfeits either.

Rob

Caps are removed, and so are the little pots. I have them in a bath of 10-1 simple green. They just finished cycle one... 5 minutes, and are getting ready to go through cycle 2. Then I guess a rinse, and another cycle of pure water?
Both boards fit in my new toy at one time:)
$50
Good buy IMHO

Ben

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ben,
Great!

Your ultrasonic unit is better than mine! :bawling: Oh well, one day it will need to be replaced.

Watch for the solder mask too. That stuff seems to get into it as well. Remove any discoloured (Canadian spelling) material you see.

Hey Rob,
Would you forward me the name of your source please? Options, we need options in this bis.

-Chris

Well I have almost immeasurable DC offset, but I also have no output in one channel:xeye: When I first hooked it up I missed a ground that goes from a cap to the left channel then to the right. The right channel is out. I am hoping it is a signal diode installed the wrong way. Runs much cooler now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.