ackoDAC based on ES9018

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes aes ebu are covered, but no dac will have a direct aes input to the dac pins. There are only spdif and i2s inputs on the dac just as any other, so if you use the ackodac mcu for switching you need an spdif receiver that is transformer coupled so you can use aes into the spdif transformer/line driver and his is converted to . Or use any number other spdif/aes receiver/ designs

Hmm, if it's not posted there it's maybe not there for a reason and only for actual customers who have bought the product, so I'm not going to post it, maybe shoot acko a pm. why you need it if you dont have the dac though. What connects where is pretty meaningless if you don't have the dac, all connections are along the 2 rows of pins down the front all together, so will make no difference to the layout. There are 8 spdif and 1 i2s

No, I don't have the ackodac yet but it would make sense to me knowing more before buying it so I can make the most out of the other stuff I currently have: I am starting from bits savaged from other projects. Acko will probably read and reply, if not I can surely shoot him a PM.

yeah if it could be confirmed that it was not necessary anymore, I would be happy to share the sheet with you, but as I have signed, I would prefer not to go out on a limb. TBH its really not all that special, not much in the way of secrets IMO, you can find pretty much all of the info contained just by searching the forums, only things you couldnt would be register info, but they are only really useful if you are programming an MCU or something

Is there anything new about the Ess NDA. I have that I would sign one but was told it is no longer necessary. When I ask for datasheets I get no reply. Anybody had better luck.

Did you communicate with ESS or the distributor? ESS has never answered any of my emails seemingly implying that individual users need to deal with the distributor...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.