ace3000_1......psx lcd screens?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry, I forgot this:

I tested the connections between the playstation a/v plug and the colored plugs on the plate :

1|............|12

1 brown
2 lila
3 blue
4 grey
5 green
6 not connected
7 not connected
8 brown
9 red
10 not connected
11 yellow
12 orange

I hope you understand...

please help, thanks !!!

Aidan Isaac Lev said:

you have 6 hours to save 32 dolars :D

ps. the smilie will show you all

Aidan...I appreciate the effort...unfortunately I didn't get back in here in time and missed it...........that plus with the shipping it would have been still more than I can put into my first screen......thanx anywho...

:xeye:

That PSX lcdscreen look exactly like my old playstation screen, I had a big problem with it, it had only RGB-input(playstation AV-plug) and no compositevideo and no S-video input so the only thing I could connect it to was a RGB-dvd-player. RGB is the best typ of input put it´s only work on stuff that outputs RGB, composite video is normally crapp if you compare to RGB or S-video but on lowresolution screens it works good.

If the input to the PSX only is RGB = Problem, there is no cheap way to convert composite to RGB.

i'm not looking to get that into modification just yet.......

i've seen some psx screens with rca jacks and am probably going to have to go with one of those to start.......

if i use one and get even half decent 40 to 60 inch projections i might try going on from there

with a recent illness in the family and travel expenses it's going to be even longer until i can get started.........

looking at the summer of the year now.......perhaps late spring.......

maybe ace will have his plans done by then............:eek:

jk ace.....jk

:xeye:

hehehehe,

I will start this weekend.

I have two fresnels foils. (310 mm)
a loup as condensor (330mm)
a sheet of lexan (uv shut)
a 70 watt MH.
A soup spoon as reflector (polished)
objective lens f=240 mm xerox-fuji lens.
Mirror

It will be the first test and i believe it will do the job.
i will test it without the lcd and then place one when the optics and light works.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
maybe ace will have his plans done by then............
LOL it wouldnt suprise me with the way the weather has screwed my paint job up the last few days, all has to go back to bare metal now and then painted again, typical for this time of year, a word of advice, never build a projector inbetween the months of october through to march, u will have a nightmare, both in parts and painting.

Trev

I recently harvested a screen from one of those PSone lcd's.

Slapped the whole thing together last night and documented it.

You can check out my results at

www.geocities.com/tweakerprojects

This is about 50" at 8-9 feet from the wall.

Im allready working on a metal and wood housing for the screen.

The picture is way worse than the projected image.

Attachments

• onwall50inch2.jpg
    onwall50inch2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 876
lcd

I just recently bought lumenlabs guide and i was reading up on this thread and thinking that for my first projector i might use the psx lcd. So if i was to do this could i do it similar to lumenlabs design. What type of light source should i use for this size of lcd and Ace what was the 11$ copy lens you were using it and where can i get it? Thanks

I wouldnt suggest buying a PSone screen to do the project.

Unless you can pick one of for dirt cheap, or free of course.

Spending anything over 50-60 bux probably wouldnt be too wise since you can get one of those visor screens with better resolution.... and bigger too.

Definately don't get one from the store. For a hundred dollars you could get a much more impressive screen.

I live in a ****-box little garage apartment, so I don't really have room to throw a very large image.

Biggest I can go is about 70-80"... The pixels are plainly visible at this size up close... but not too bad. I can still watch it comfortably from 7-8 feet away.

You can see how much better the picture would be with a higher resolution lcd

The light source is an unmodified 3M 522 projector.

I have no idea about the lumen output. Brightness isn't an issue though

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.