ace3000_1......psx lcd screens?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@mesuge

yeah hard to find these days. well, on ebay.de there are sometimes "buy now" items. amazon.de is selling them for 99 Euro in z-shop. i dunno, whether sony is willing to sell them anymore, coz all the eshops tried to order new ones but they didn't get any.

so the lilliput is then the best choice. www.beamer-selbstgebaut.de is selling em for 192 Euro plus freight.

I hope that helps abit.

Blumen thanks for the update. Btw after some time spent on google I hope I'll strike it lucky afterall :mad: ) found an eshop prices in the range of 42~50 Euros but have to double check whether it's an original psone 5,6" and availability - if everything goes well I'll post it here immediatelly.

Btw any tip on affordable 150W HQI set via autopsy performed on some garden style lamp from Hornbach/Baumax or other Central Europe located megastore ?!?

:mad: )

mesuge,

that would be fine if you could post the store after checking it out.
but keep in mind, the original psone is a 5inch not a 5.6 inch.

complete sets as they were sold in depots you are looking for are quiet expensive. I advise www.marinshop.de . they have all components in for a reasonable price. the complete set is about 65 Euro, consisting of bulb, base, ballast and ignitor. unfortunately they calculate 29 euro for shipping to other eu-countries. ( btw, welcome to the european community)
in case you are in need of help with ordering, hit me with an e-mail.

Blumen thanks for that warm welcome from a fellow eu citizen heh, btw that marineshop.de has got quite a competetive pricing -most probably I'll be shoping there..

But going back to the Psone thingy here is what I've received as an answer from the vendor - is it the right display by these listed specs:?

Sony Model: SCPH -152
LCD for PS One only

182 * 186 * 34 mm
335 g
7.5 V (220 240V, 50/60 Hz)
6.8 W
contrast, volume
DC in 7.5V, AV MULTI out, AV in (mini jack),
Speakers: 40 * 28.5 mm, 1.0W

Would you please comment on VGA mod wiring I tried to follow up all the related threads at diy-community.de where you were covering these issues rather extensivelly but I'm not very fluent in german anymore. Specifically, what I don't get is that trick with
+5V signal to switch the display on - is it comming from the supplied power supply or other source? Because Harald-mod pictures confuse me with all that additional mod&cooling wiring.. Thanks

The "Serio site vga hack" is not very clear on that one either..?
http://nakoruru.rudora.net/carcomp/serio_lcd.htm

According to this guy, which seems to be more recent,
this pin (VGA pin#9 - LCD pin#10) is only optional - probably an older sony's pcb at serio's website?
http://www.kickassamd.com/modules/mods/article.php?storyid=1

I'm confused :bigeyes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

mesuge, the model-no is definitely right. where have u found it?

the switch-on trick works when the 7.5V psu is connected.
harald has soldered a 100-500ohm resistor between the 5V output of the voltage regulator on the pcb and the first pin on the 12-pin connector. see pics

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i'll post the other schemes later on.

@mesuge,

here we go. that sketch is just a suggestion. until now, i haven't tried the vga-hack. serios hack work on ati-cards not on gforce w nvidia chipset. duffy from the german community had made it work but he didn't tick the box "composyte sync" in power-strip.
what works for me is the scart-hack according metallhuhns scheme we've found out. see pic.

Blumen, that has finally shed some light on this.
So, do I get it right that the +5V switch-on thingy is the yellow cable&resistor stuff only and not the red/white cables (picture from your previous 01:49 PM post) ?

Regarding the display I've managed to pin point specialized psone games vendor in Prague and they are also selling some accessories like these LCDs, I have to visit them and check out how many of these babies are remaining in stock.. In contrast to the official Sony dealership here which asks more than 100euro -> that's an insane rip off..

Mesuge said:
Blumen, that has finally shed some light on this.
So, do I get it right that the +5V switch-on thingy is the yellow cable&resistor stuff only and not the red/white cables (picture from your previous 01:49 PM post) ?

Regarding the display I've managed to pin point specialized psone games vendor in Prague and they are also selling some accessories like these LCDs, I have to visit them and check out how many of these babies are remaining in stock.. In contrast to the official Sony dealership here which asks more than 100euro -> that's an insane rip off..

yeah, it's the yellow cable&resistor stuff. the red/white is for brightness.

.....and good luck with your bargain.

What about this pair of white&blue wires (FBAS MASSE&FBAS) in the left connector - these are just standard or does it have something in common with the vga mod? It's a bit confusing
to determine which of these is the redish mod, the brightness mod, and the vga mod or some cooling wiring :bawling:

Thanks.. I'll post the contact on that eshop as soon as I'll get back their response on the scale of inventory - I'm not going to run the risk that they will be invaded the very next day by a bunch of blood thirsty diy projector psychoes like me :hot:

Btw would it be possible sometime in the near future to summarize some of the major psone related achievements by diy-community.de to a brief English FAQ - I know it will be a bit demanding timewise but maybe some of you guys could make it.

In the meantime I'm experimenting a bit with that old dodgy
100" projection tv concept => utilizing brightness to the max 17" TN crt, two foil fresnels, black cardbox, large mirror in a dark room and pretty decent results on the ceiling so far -> watching NASA & ESA TV before falling asleep :devilr:

Let me just restate the question, this pair of white&blue wires (ground&av signal) in the left smaller connector are reletated to which of the following mods because they are not mentioned at the Serio's site and its derivates:

1/ 7.5V switch-on mod
2/ Redish mod
3/ Brigthness mod
4/ av mod (scart)
5/ they are sony standart

Sorry for these questions but it's just not obvious to me from the first glance..

And are any of these Harald's mods going to be compatible with the VGA mod?

hey mesuge,

no problem. the reddish, brightness, 7,5 V and av-scart mods will work independently of the vga-mod, although not mentioned in the various former hacks by serio and others. these mod's besides the scart-mod were harald's investigations.

whaddaya mean w "5/ they are sony standard" ?

i hope i understood right. all "harald-mods" work and are not related to vga-hack. that means, do the harald mods and the vga-mod and it will work. in case u are using graphic-card w nvidia chipset following thing is a must:
use 75 ohm resistors between ground and the red, green and blue signal. then the pc will recognize a connected monitor.

please kepp me updated on your efforts.

best.
ief

Just a tip regarding affordable HQI sets, sometimes ebay or fleemarket is not the best option -> I eat Blumen mentioned www.marinshop.de which is basically a german eshop for
sea water aquarium hobbyists..or orther zoo freaks

Another and rather unexpected tip concerns where u can start looking for these are eshops for cannabis growers they are usually utilizing sodium lamps for one part and hqi stronger systems like 400/600w for anothe rpart of the season but most importantely they have established good contacts with wholesalers of this equipment so complete systems or ballast&starter can be found for a very competetive prices (follow the punks they go for the lowest costs), occasionally even used ones can be bought for a bargain. I'm sure everybody can locate these shops in his particular area..

There is a funny story in the forums bellow, the wholesale manager usually recognizes these "green heads" right after they enter his facilities so thery have already prepared a production line for them - we ought to achieve something similar - "hey buddy the projection hot heads are commin' " heh :hot: :cool:

example here:
http://www.greenhome.cz/obchod/zbozi_z_kategorie/6/?IDU=2004052723510662.245.78.145

400W system without bulb for ~50euro so 150W should be even less :smash:

btw look at the other 600W beast I hope that one day it will be used with some 19"lcd for giant outdoor projection parties lol :D

I eat blumen> Hi, so luckily/unfortunately I was the last one who got that psone lcd on the cheap actually it was the very last one they had at their store - although they promised to make some efforts to order some more from sony hq in czech but I doubt thy will supply them.. I'll keep you posted about any new developments regarding this possible buy opportunity.

http://www.gamehouse.cz/gamesy/show_cat.php?catid=4

Btw. In addition I found somewhat cheasy eshop in Slovakia
with similar pricing 40~50 euro but they don't ship int.
it seems to me that these psone lcd are gone for real.. :mad: (

http://www.brloh.sk/pchra.php?id_hry=3695

On another note, are there any more photo documented VGA mods available on the net somewhere?@?

"serios hack work on ati-cards not on gforce w nvidia chipset"

Cant be any diff from Nvidia to ati on this. VGA output pins are IDENTICAL across all the brands today. They all are or we would have diff pc mon's for each brand 3d accell. and that would be mayham wouldnt it. Less you ment its dvi output (its secondary flat panel display) and then again same wiring as any other brand, plug pinout same and no diff on ati nvidia sis or you name it.;) Vga standard is just that-standardized output and wiring format. On the inside they are diff but thats irrelevant here. ATI rules the roost on tv output so if just useing s-video or rca its not hard to choose. Gaming = on each's top tier offerings. On 2d quality Nvidia is getting better then they were. :)

great..i stripped my lcd prjection panel...its too big in its casing..and the lcd is a bit under 9" diagonal...so i will use 2 dichoric too...

2 questions though for you bulldog if you dont mind

1) what specs are the dichroic you are using?
2) what fresnel sizes should i be using? i guess i can try the page magnifiers for now to try..i can get them locally for dirt cheap.
3) (ok i lied 3 questions) got any pics or links of your rig i can see to get an idea?

email me if you need to at mindless_fool@hotmail.com

thanks appreciate any help guys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.