Abletec ALC1000 any experience?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Pabo:
Thank you for Information.

One technical question about the ALC Series, especially the ALC0300-1300 Module:

Is the signal DC decoupled or need my source a dc couple capacitor?

Thanks,
regards
Marcus

Hi Marcus
It is DC-coupled so you will either need to make sure that DC on the input is very low (or else you will end up pumping a rail) or you need to AC-couple. The input resistance is quite low so I recommend 100uF or so. Just remember that a too large value will require a long start up delay in order for the current trough to come down.

Hi Marcus
It is DC-coupled so you will either need to make sure that DC on the input is very low (or else you will end up pumping a rail) or you need to AC-couple. The input resistance is quite low so I recommend 100uF or so. Just remember that a too large value will require a long start up delay in order for the current trough to come down.

Hi Patrik,
many thanks for clarification, thats good to know.

Regards
Marcus

I see, thanks for the link (in case anyone else has the problem I did, I had to delete "http://" to get the link to work).

Actually "a powerful, transparent, musical sound utterly free from distortion" is the most subjective statement made, with the rest more or less factual and informative.

*Much* better than the usual marketing pseudotechnical and/or magical BS.

Pabo, what are the idle power losses?

Last edited:
I'm a little sad to see the ALC1000 disappear.

Does anyone know of a premade unit that will allow use of the unit with a standard 12V trigger that comes out of my preamp? The Abletec/Anaview ALC1000 board trigger, unlike ICEpower boards, has a disabled pin rather than an abled trigger pain. The amplifier goes into standby mode when by raising the disabled trigger to high at 3 to 4 volts. Disabled is released at 0 to 1.5 volts (low).

The threshold for the disabled high on the AMS1000 is about 2.5 Volts.

Does anyone here know about ALC0300-2300 being sold on Shaw's website? ALC0300-2300 (2x150W) - Shaw Electronics

It does not seem to exist on Anaview's webiste: ALC series | Anaview

I read everywhere that ALC0300 is sold as monoblocks (ALC0300-1300), but then shaw has an ALC0300-2300 as well, which is stereo. Is this the same as ALC0300-2300, but with a dual channel implementation? Is it two monoblocks sold together? I'm a little bit confused.

Hi bkdc.
The standby schematic in post 67 is simple enough to build on a small piece of matrix board or stripboard.
For 12v trigger you could increase the 2 x 300 ohm resistors to say 1k each (or a single 2k resistor). The red/green LEDs are a single 3 lead bi-colour device.

Thanks Russc. I was able to rig something up with that. I should have read through the entire thread.

With regard to the Anaview AMS1000-2600 that is now IN STOCK at ProfusionPLC, the unavailability of the JST 17CZ-6H connector from any of the usual sources is going to limit builds. Minimum order 1000 pieces from any Chinese manufacturer. :) If anyone knows where you purchase any without having to order 1000 minimum, I'd like to know too.

Hi bkdc. Have you asked Profusion if they intend to supply connectors? If they cannot supply the mating connectors it'll certainly limit their sales.
I'm still highly delighted with my ALC0300-1300 monoblocks and Arduino/PG2320 pre-amp, thankfully I am not feeling the need to immediately upgrade to AMS series. .

Thanks Russc. I was able to rig something up with that. I should have read through the entire thread.

With regard to the Anaview AMS1000-2600 that is now IN STOCK at ProfusionPLC, the unavailability of the JST 17CZ-6H connector from any of the usual sources is going to limit builds. Minimum order 1000 pieces from any Chinese manufacturer. :) If anyone knows where you purchase any without having to order 1000 minimum, I'd like to know too.

I bought mine on conrad.fr or conrad.de
I don't find the 17 pins, but only 12 or 6 pins ( just for modulation)
Look at this forum post for more info:

Abletec Diy digital Audio Class D - Seite 19 - DIY-HIFI-Forum

I bought mine on conrad.fr or conrad.de
I don't find the 17 pins, but only 12 or 6 pins ( just for modulation)
Look at this forum post for more info:

I was able to find other CZ-6H connectors at sources in the USA (I usually purchase them from digikey.com), but the 17-pin connector is unavailable anywhere in the world! I've looked everywhere. I guess I can use 12-pin connectors and cut them apart and possibly splice two together with some epoxy with the spliced joint around a pin I don't need or use such as a ground pin.

ddeacon - I was mistaken. I have had trouble finding CZ-6H connectors of any size in the USA. So still no luck here. Hopefully someone else in diyAudio will have better luck. Or perhaps ProfusionPLC will be able to make a large order and sell connector kits. It seems that the lack of the 17CZ-6H connector is going to prevent the general public from using the Anaview AMS1000 amplifier. I reviewed the JST brochure, and it seems that the CZ connector system has been designed to allow for high density connections. I can't say that the AMS1000 appears cramped for board space, but I'm guessing that the engineers thought this was the best connector option.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.