Abletec ALC1000 any experience?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like ufokillerz would like to know how to connect a power LED to the ALC0180-2300 abletec board.

There are many vendors on eBay that sell enclosures for around $70.00 US landed in North America. Just enter the search parameter "amplifier enclosures in eBay's search field.

I would like to find out for myself...
I see the modules are used in Martens Mono blocks, so they should be fairly OK.
Have sent a question to Abletec if it's possible for DIY'ers to get hold of some.
No response yet, but did it today, and it's weekend, so let's see....

Have made some monitors with a combo of Groundsound and Hypex which turned out great.

Whats your project?

Brgds,
Svein
Not correct. Martens M-Amp has other modules with Anaviews patented AMS-technology. The designers are the same but the M-Amp has newer technology.

Personally I use ALC1000 to drive my 21" woofers. Works to my full satisfaction.

Last edited:
I'm getting a high frequency pitch from my ALC1000 amps. Are anyone else experiencing this?
It's quite loud, can hear it at 2 m distance.

I get a fair bit of hum on setup.

I have 5 modules driving my 5.1 setup. I'm using a filter IEC connector and tried to separate all wires and cables both in and outside the amp but can't fully eliminate it.

I don't have electronics knowledge to do much more than wire it all up and make some of my own leads so i pretty much just have to live with it.

I have working Arduino / PGA2320 / DRV134 Preamp and two ALC0300-1300 amps.
Here is my standby circuit. Used common cathode Bi-colour LEDs though diffused are probably a better bet than the "superbright" that I used - they illuminate the corners of my room. No mistaking when the units are powered.
The small current drain eliminates the "standby whistle" noted by many.
Adjust resistor values to suit your LEDs.
5v trigger from preamp - I used 2mm banana plug for signal.
Regarding hum - I had horrendous hum on first trial. Please refer to "Articles" section and "Audio Component Grounding and Interconnection" - it sorted mine out. I posted an outline of my grounding on thread - Humming DRV134 balanced output.

I get a fair bit of hum on setup.

I have 5 modules driving my 5.1 setup. I'm using a filter IEC connector and tried to separate all wires and cables both in and outside the amp but can't fully eliminate it.

I don't have electronics knowledge to do much more than wire it all up and make some of my own leads so i pretty much just have to live with it.
I don't have any hum. There's only a high frequency tone with my ALC1000 amps.
I need to check it out. Seems like I'm the only one that has it.

Apologies for dodgy standby schematic. I couldn't read my own scribbles.
Here is corrected version.
Omholt, whistle on standby? It has already been mentioned. A small load (milliamps) on the standby will fix. The standby schematic fixes it.

Attachments

• Standby.jpg
    Standby.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 657
to omholt
when you put multiple d-class modules in one case and one is oscilating at 400 khz and another at 416 khz then you have a frequency difference of 16 khz that is sometimes audible. Mayby is that the reason why you hear a hf tone.
Remedy: put the different modules as far as possible from each other in the case. Use the same oscillator for all your modules (i don't know if the abletech modules have a master and slave function for the oscillator)

sonomanie:
It doesn't help to put far from each other. It also there when only one is in use. What's almost funny is that the high tone is also present for a while when the amp has been totally disconnected. It stills "sings".

What russc made be aware of was that it's only there in standby. Hopefully his suggestion will take care of it. I'll report back. Thanks guys.

Just found latest Anaview (Abletec) data sheets for all their amplifiers.
Useful information on input and control connections.
Looks like I've got an input buffer to build (I'm using 4mtr balanced interconnects).
Download from anaview.com (Profusion have obsolete data sheets).
Doh! - previously I found no useful information on Anaview, I think this is a new website.

Just found latest Anaview (Abletec) data sheets for all their amplifiers.
Useful information on input and control connections.
Looks like I've got an input buffer to build (I'm using 4mtr balanced interconnects).
Download from anaview.com (Profusion have obsolete data sheets).
Doh! - previously I found no useful information on Anaview, I think this is a new website.
I don't see ALC1000-1300 there. Only AMS1000-2600 which must be another.
ALC series | Anaview

Hi all

I am the founder of Anaview (ten years back) and am acting CTO as of now.

ALC1000 has been replaced by AMS1000. AMS1000 is based on our new regulation technology which improves THD significantly at high frequencies. It also leaves the transfer function of the class d stage untouched meaning it remains first order. Other changes are.

- Auto select universal mains
- 2x350W/4ohm, 2x500W/2ohm, 1x1000W/4ohm BTL (before it was only one channel)
- Extensive diagnostics, temp readout signal, clip detectors, power good
- Improved CMRR with 0.1% tolerance resistors in the differential input
- Wider bandwidth, less phase shift
- Advanced protection scheme

Hi all

I am the founder of Anaview (ten years back) and am acting CTO as of now.

ALC1000 has been replaced by AMS1000. AMS1000 is based on our new regulation technology which improves THD significantly at high frequencies. It also leaves the transfer function of the class d stage untouched meaning it remains first order. Other changes are.

- Auto select universal mains
- 2x350W/4ohm, 2x500W/2ohm, 1x1000W/4ohm BTL (before it was only one channel)
- Extensive diagnostics, temp readout signal, clip detectors, power good
- Improved CMRR with 0.1% tolerance resistors in the differential input
- Wider bandwidth, less phase shift
- Advanced protection scheme
Thanks for chiming in. Good to hear they have been upgraded.

I asumme there will be no audible difference between ALC1000 and AMS1000 when used for frequencies below 200 Hz?

Where in Europe can AMS1000 be bought?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.