a wonderfull sziklai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
see Nakamiki version

I think is Stasis VAS :xeye:

Attachments

• nakamiki pa6.jpg
    nakamiki pa6.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,153
Re: see Nakamiki version

Stee said:
I think is Stasis VAS :xeye:
The nakamichi is a good design.Is good for those who like to colour the sound... The output stage is not included in the negative loop .The nonlinerities of the output stage will be present on output.
The output stage has a bigger gain than cfp ... and is not linnear.The Vas current source don't have bigger dynamics because it have the voltage reference 2 diodes;the beta helper with another bipolar has more dinamics .
This amp is colouring the sound in a good way but don't reproduce the original sound .This is my oppinion . In next year when I will have time I will try to colour the sound by introducing h2 ... Excuse my english
A beautiful year and a coloured one ..
Happy new year !

Thank you Stefano fot publishing "The Ultimate Suplifier" in your website (see post 83).

Who will take the challenge to use my output configuration (see figure 1 in the explanation of the Ultimate Suplifier) in the V3 circuit (see post 75)?? The only thing you have to change for a higher supply voltage, is to raise R39/R40 to 56 ohm. Because 2 transistors are added (Q13 and Q14) the Vbias must be higher which can be achieved by lowering R29 in the V3 circuit to 0 ohm. Of course the output "from the neg. amplifier" must be connected to the ground.

A sziklai pair sometimes tends to oscillate. Therefor the output resistors may not be wired but must be of carbon. 5 resistors of 1,2 ohm and 1 resistor of 2,7 ohm parallel gives 0,22 ohm.

If, by the reason of the overall neg. feedback, there is still some oscillation, try capacitors parallel to R39 and R40 with a - 3 dB point above lets say 200 kHz. This will be (for R39/49 = 56 ohm) 15 nF each.

Andrew, which schematic dou you refer to? If you mean the attached file, then I agree this is a potentionally thermal instabel output. The emittor of Q111 should be connected to the emittor of Q114 and the emittor of Q112 to the emittor of Q113. Then you have to match Q114 with Q116 and Q113 with Q115 otherwise there is a change of thermal runaway of Q116 and Q115.

Marc.

v1 tend to oscilate (1mhz) on different pcb.
By lowering the module of the function transfer (pole and zero,470p+330ohms),the v3 is more more stable and i couldn't make to oscilate.The pulse signal,amp reserve phase is better on v3.Dinamics also with the beta helper.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.